We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ha Ha!! just to get things liven up a bit and probably...

Long Island,NY
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ha Ha!! just to get things liven up a bit and probably...

I just thought I would let you know that I just finished booking the collision damage waiver insurance online through Travelguard. For our 6 day car rental it cost us $57 total thru Travelguard whereas it would have come to approx. $90 if I had purchased it through the car rental company.(Thrifty)''

I won't go into the reasons we buy it -did that once and took a "verbal whupping" but if any one who reads this does buy the insurance --for whatever personal reasons you have-- you might want to go to Travelguard's website and check it out-- we have used them before and it was a secure transaction. You can save some money by purchasing from them instead of the car company..

Yeah! I bet someone is already eager to post that you can save money by NOT buying the insurance in the first place-- LOL-- BUT this is just info for those who DO get the insurance-- ok?? OK!! Jan

kentucky
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ha Ha!! just to get things liven up a bit and probably...

how does it work is it just for the rental car or for other things that may occur as well, like lost luggage and things such as that

Long Island,NY
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ha Ha!! just to get things liven up a bit and probably...

bluecats- i don't know what other types of insurance you can purchase through them-- I do believe you can get a few types-I also think this is the company I used a few years ago when my son needed insurance when he was living in Italy for a college semester.best thing to do is check out their site and see if they have something you might want.

For the car insurance it is a simple form to fill out- there is a detailed explanation for first time users- it gives the quote immediately and if you decide to purchase you just complete the transaction.

Level Contributor
1,150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ha Ha!! just to get things liven up a bit and probably...

The most important thing is to visually INSPECT the condition of the rental car before you take it and record every little knick and scratch, tears in the upholstery windshield knicks or anything else they may stick you for when you return it. the last car I rented had been hit 4 times.

and it doesn't hurt to look at the undercarriage to see if its been driven over parking lot curb stops.

For those who don't get the CDW, it will cover you up to your present deductible on your auto policy if you have collision coverage. If you carry $500 deductible on your car or no coverage, you may want CD from the rental or travelguard.

Blue Springs...
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ha Ha!! just to get things liven up a bit and probably...

Yeah you will need it they drive like maniacs in Vegas!

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ha Ha!! just to get things liven up a bit and probably...

My Platinum Visa card covers my CDW when I rent and use the card for the rental. I turn it down.

Check your card - you might have this protection.