We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas Babysitting services?

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Las Vegas Babysitting services?

Has anybody used or heard about any of the babysitting services in Las Vegas??

Frommers lists the following:

Grandma Dottie's

Around the Clock

Four Season's Babysitting

We will be there for a convention in Feb and will need a sitter for one full day and maybe a few evenings???

thanks!!!

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,619 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,111 Reviews
from $142.99*
$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from $529.99*
$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
914 Reviews
from $598.99*
$650.00
DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Las Vegas Babysitting services?

Stratton, you are definitely not old fashioned. If people stopped using Brittany as a role model they might take your advice.

When you have children, there are certain things that you have to give up. I am not saying that you give up your life but most choices now have to be made with a different set of criteria.

I can't imagine a conference that is more important than making sure your kids are taken care of by someone responsible and who you know.

But hey, this poster is at least looking for a sitter and not leaving the child alone in a room.

Belgium
1 post
Save Reply
22. Re: Las Vegas Babysitting services?

We have used Around the Clock on two separate vsiits and were pleased with them. We are again playing a visit and this time have two children and we will call them again.

Berkeley, CA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Las Vegas Babysitting services?

Just posting for the record, as this particular thread is obviously old. We've used Around the Clock several times and always had a very good experience.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Las Vegas Babysitting services?

I think using a reputable service with references and contracts should work well. I just love all these people who say leave the child with a relative. While we love to think that only strangers endanger a child, truth is most children are harmed by relatives, and almost every abuser is someone's uncle, aunt, parent, etc.

That said, when I was a child my parents just brought our regular sitter along on trips. Maybe you should look at additional costs involved and if they are close to the airfare/room costs for the cost of a sitter, consider that. I suspect a full day of sitter + several evenings is quite expensive from a service.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
808 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Las Vegas Babysitting services?

A fellower BCER.

Just a thought but could you take one with you? My friend is going to Vegas for a wedding next month and they are taking the babysitter from home to take care of the boys. It will likely not cost much more than using some stranger to take care of your most valuable being!

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
808 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Las Vegas Babysitting services?

Sorry everyone,just checked the original posting date.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Las Vegas Babysitting services?

My kids are teens and twenties now but I always found the best answer when they were young 2-10 bring a babysitter with you or grandma - buy the ticket and treat much easier and less headaches when your giving a free vacation for services in return but you KNOW you can trust that person.

Huntsville, AL
Level Contributor
237 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Las Vegas Babysitting services?

Its simple, just tie the child to the bed like Ginger Rothstein did to little Amy. She'll be fine while you go out and have fun and party with Lester.......Until Ace finds out!!!

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Las Vegas Babysitting services?

WTF whatever happened happened who dug up this old post TAL

30. Re: Las Vegas Babysitting services?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, October 06, 2009