We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in December

staten island n.y.
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in December

My husband and I were thinking of going to Las Vegas for a 4 days in December. We aren't big gamblers but enjoy shows and restruantas. We are concern that the daytime weather may too cold to use the pool, or walk .

Can anyone help me out with info

USA
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in December

CO... Am I REALLY reading this post?

weather.com/weather/…

de pere wisconsin
Level Contributor
52 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in December

Have stayed in December. It can get very cold. I stayed one week in December and it was all over the news about how all the water pipes were freezing. Some hotel pools may close for repair this time of year

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in December

I know Dr. V.....I know!!!! LOL.....

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
892 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in December

Are you really serious with this question? You're from NY and you're coming to the desert. Do you really think you'll be to cold to go outside?

My guess is no.

USA
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in December

Actually Blayzn, I was in LV mid-Dec. '05 and it was warmer here (Va) than it was in LV. (Hot & humid today too). NYC weather isn't really all that different from ours with a few exceptions, but of course that is not the norm. Either way, NYC isn't in Canada and I'll bet even Toronto doesnt have snow yet. You know when I lived in Phoenix, we were partying on that big hill just to the East of Deer Valley airport at 6am (long night) and it started to snow! This was in late Oct.

rnbn... use the link I provided and that will give you the average temps. You can use the same site to check the weather prior to leaving. It is rarely to cold to walk the Strip during the day, but with no clouds, the heat leaves quickly so you'll need a jacket at night. No swimming. Too cold for that.

Amarillo, Texas
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in December

We were there last year in mid December and I wore a light jacket at night and in the morning but most afternoons, I had my jacket tied around my waist. One day, it was rainy and 50's pretty much all day but the rest of the days were beautiful. Too cool for swimming though!! But it was perfect weather for walking around the strip!

Colorado
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in December

Snowed on me in Vegas last year. Was just melting as it hit on the strip but being from CO I was not fazed by it.

That same storm kept me there two extra days though as Denver got 2+ feet of snow from it!

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in December

As you can tell from the posts-the temps can be all over the place in December. I was there for many years at the end of December and I never was able to swim. Some years I didn't even need a sweater during the day but other years I needed both a sweatshirt and a lined jacket. You need to bring clothes that can be layered so you will be prepared for anything. The average highs(depending on when in December you are going)-mid to upper 50s. But the highs can range from the 30s to the 70s. Lows- in the 30s but it has gone down into the teens. If it is windy it can feel very cold. But never cold enough to keep you from walking on the strip- if you have the right clothes. You are going to have to check a weather site just before leaving to know what the weather is going to be like while you are there.

www.wrh.noaa.gov/vef/climate/page14.php

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
620 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in December

Most importantly, if you plan to go the week before Christmas a lot of shows are dark. The week before Christmas is probably a great time to go for gamblers.... check your dates with the shows you want to go. A lot of performers get their vacation during this time.

paris
Level Contributor
751 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in December

No outdoor pools are open in December.

Or October or November.