We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Health Dept. Reports

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant Health Dept. Reports

www.lasvegasvisitor.com/healthreport.htm

-caltrinity

Europe
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Health Dept. Reports

I checked it out. Now that report is very interesting!

California
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Health Dept. Reports

Indeed it is. I might have to alter some of my restaurant choices.

-caltrinity

las vegas
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Health Dept. Reports

trinity: do you alter your plans where you live, or do you just look up reports for vegas?

California
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Health Dept. Reports

lawinvegas,

If there is a legitimate health concern (i.e. county health dept. violations) it doesn't matter where the restaurant is located, people have the right to know and make informed decisions based on such data.

Don't shoot the messenger.

-caltrinity

Toronto
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Health Dept. Reports

Information like this may well be interesting to some, but I can't help notice that the majority of the report dates are at least 2 years old. I think it would be of more value if they were reports from the last 6 months since I would expect to see improvements from many of the restaurants that received B and C ratings.

Redmond, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Health Dept. Reports

I have been in food & beverage for more than 25 years, here is my take on restaurant health inspectors.

They are usually the kind of people who don't get any respect in real life and therefore punish the people they do have control over. I have been in a lot of kitchens some dirtier than others, but I would still eat at most of the places I have seen.

I would definitely still eat at any restaurant with a"C" or better rating.

The health codes have become more and more stringent over the years. I can't figure out why so many people survived eating in restaurants 30 years ago if the health concerns were a major problem.

Health inspectors are so nit picky and their rules so stringent I doubt if they inspected your kitchen at home you would get better than a "C".

For an interesting take on Restaurant Kitchens Read "Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain.

Health inspectors walk in to Kitchens at the most innappropriate times, during lunch rush, after the dinner rush etc.

If you have a concern about a restaurant ask to see the kitchen, this is why a lot of restaurants are starting exhibition Kitchens so the customer can see what is happening in there.

Oh yeah and......

Bon' Apetit'

Michigan
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Health Dept. Reports

On Wednesdays, the Las Vegas Review-Journal runs the "Restaurant Report" which lists the grades and violations for restaurants recently inspected by the clark County Health Department.