We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fridge hire for my room at the orleans

newcastle, uk
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
fridge hire for my room at the orleans

hi

i was wondering if anyone knew if you could hire a fridge for rooms in the orleans hotel. we need plenty of chilled drinks so a fridge would be ideal. if it is possible, do you have any idea how much they'd cost to hire. we are staying for 9 nights.

thanks

gemma

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fridge hire for my room at the orleans

You could contact the hotel via their website, thus saving on toll calls. I'm sure they'd have the infomation for ya.

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fridge hire for my room at the orleans

Mini fridges are $15 per day, unless you can prove that you need one for medical purposes, then they provide them free of charge. There is a Walgreens nearby where you could get a small ice chest and there are ice machines on each floor.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fridge hire for my room at the orleans

We have requested a fridge at many hotels. Sometimes it is free and has never cost more than $10 a night.

newcastle, uk
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fridge hire for my room at the orleans

so vegasman, you're saying the have ice available 24/7 on each floor? because if thats the case its probably much cheaper to buy a ice chest like yopu suggest and stock up on ice whenever we need to. also, sorry if i sound dumb, but does the ice stay frozen for a while in the ice chest? its just ive never really seen them in the UK.

thanks

gemma

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fridge hire for my room at the orleans

Gemma,

Even the cheapest of ice chests (The Styrofoam type) will keep your drinks cold all day long. Put your drinks in first, then cover with ice. The ice machines are there day and night. Be nice to the people that have the rooms right next to them and don't get your ice after midnight or before 6:00 a.m. They can be noisey.

Joe

Florida
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fridge hire for my room at the orleans

Oregon,

You stayed at GN right. Did they charge you there? Last time I stayed there was like 7 years ago. We usually buy a cooler, but I told hubby if we can get the fridge for nothing, why bother. He definitely will not pay extra for one, LOL.

DC/MD
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: fridge hire for my room at the orleans

If you really want to save, don't get the ice chest. Just fill your bath tub with ice and all the cold beer you can drink =)

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fridge hire for my room at the orleans

LV, I brought a collapsable cooler. We never did ask for a fridge at GN. Coolers make it much easier to drink and drive ;) Actually in Vegas we don't spend much time in the room so a small cooler was plenty.

Amherstburg Ontario
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fridge hire for my room at the orleans

raygem.. some good suggestions the best way to do it is to either bring a colapsable coolerr or grab a styraphone one in town. Fill it with ice then set in in the tub into which you have added about 2 inches of water. This keepes the ice longer.

newcastle, uk
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: fridge hire for my room at the orleans

thanks everyone. so if i go to Walgreens when i get to vegas i'll be able to buy a ice chest and keep my bottles of water in there? also, how much are they. i'd want one that could hold around 4 of the 500ml bottles of water.

thanks again

gemma