We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snacky foods for hotel room

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
299 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snacky foods for hotel room

Okay, I got a request from the males to bring "snacky/drunk" food for late at night when we return to our rooms.

We will have a fridge at the Venetian. I'll be going to the store on Saturday to pick up some chips, pretzels, water, etc.

Is there anything else you can suggest to get?

Also, we leave on Friday night and are staying at the Super 8 on Koval until Saturday. They said it's a 50/50 chance I could get a fridge in the room, it depends on if they have any available. I was considering making Buffalo Chicken wings since they can be eaten cold. Would these be okay in an ice chest for a day? Anything you can suggest to bring that I can make ahead of time that isn't horrible for you (ie. chips)? We want some "real food".

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snacky foods for hotel room

Dh loves beef jerky, one time we took a small package from Hickory Farms that had the summer sausage, crackers, smoked cheese and the little strawberry candies. It was a nice snack to share and they are sealed so you don't need to refrigerate until after it's opened.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snacky foods for hotel room

As for food safety (the chicken wings) the rule is that the food cannot spend more than four hours total in the danger zone - defined as being between 41 and 140 degrees. In the danger zone bacteria (the kind that make you sick) can thrive and reach dangerous levels. You don't want to be sick on vacation.

I like graham crackers as a snack food since they can also be eaten for breakfast. Dried fruits and nuts are a good option too.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snacky foods for hotel room

*Danger zone is between 41 and 140 degrees fahrenheit

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Snacky foods for hotel room

Cheese-its will do it for me. :)

Intercourse...
Level Contributor
663 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snacky foods for hotel room

Canned ham or pepperoni, crackers, and cheese. Cheese would keep easy in a cooler and the rest can be cut when it's time. Fresh fruits can be cut up quickly too and require no fridge.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
70 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snacky foods for hotel room

Cereal can be eaten any time of day or night and if you just want to snack on it, put some in a cup and take it on the run.

Instant oatmeal does not take up much space and is very filling. If no microwave, just heat the water in the coffee pot if you have one.

Those little Cheese/cracker thingies are good that have the little red stick to spread the cheese on.

Peanut butter crackers

Popcorn

grapes, oranges and apples. Bananas seem to turn black easily and not last as long.

Beef jerky

I try to think of things that have the protein and fiber to keep you feeling full and satisfied. Things that stick with you a while.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snacky foods for hotel room

whte trash

chex party mix drizzled with white chocolate.....YUMMY

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snacky foods for hotel room

I dont think i would put chicken wings in a cooler for the day, maybe for a few hours tops. You may be better off buying premade chicken wings once you get there and then putting them in the refrigerator for later on.

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Snacky foods for hotel room

Those 100 calorie snacks... there's quite a variety ...cookies, chex, etc. Nice packaging.

We buy them at Walmart. Also, cheese sticks are good.

10. Re: Snacky foods for hotel room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, September 04, 2009