We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is wrong about being frugal?

Princeton WV
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Topic
What is wrong about being frugal?

Yesterday, I posted a thread about frozen drinks on this forum and another Vegas forum. Some of the responses were very rude. People made fun of the fact that I was wanting to save a little money. What is wrong with that? They also made fun of the types of machines they think I will be playing. Yes, I like the nickel machines. I also play quarters and have put money in dollar slots. I have NEVER played the penny slots because we don't have them here. Not everyone who goes to Vegas has an unlimited bankroll. I have been saving for this trip for months like a lot of people do. Just because Iam not made of money doesn't mean that I deserve to be ridiculed by certain people in this forum!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,641 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,129 Reviews
from $142.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
917 Reviews
from $598.99*
$650.00
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: What is wrong about being frugal?

Thanks tims42.......Thanks for teeing the lines up for me.

42. Re: What is wrong about being frugal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:14 pm, April 28, 2005
Florida
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: What is wrong about being frugal?

Hey maybe if you fed the cow strawberries, rum and ice you could get a frozen daiquiri. There you go tims!!!!!!!!

Princeton WV
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
44. Re: What is wrong about being frugal?

Very funny Vegas luvr.....you and JC should go on the road with your Vegas Comedy Forum Show!..SSS..Couldn't resist mentioning the idiot in the White House!!!.

Liverpool uk
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: What is wrong about being frugal?

Y'ALL leave my little moo cows alone, Y'hear.

Cletus

Peabody...
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
46. Re: What is wrong about being frugal?

This thread has clearly degenerated from the original topic but in regard to the original comment on "being frugal", I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with it. I am definitely not frugal, but I like to take advantage of "bargains" when they can be had.

I have definitely seen people much wealthier than I am pull some of the most penny-ante moves I have ever seen in my life. I guess that's how they amass/keep their money. Everyone is different, depending on how you value your money. Personally, I want to enjoy myself more than worry about the nickels and dimes. But keeping track of the nickels and dimes may lead to more dollars in your pocket... Different philosophies but not really worth arguing about, is it?!

I know (or at least hope) most of you are just having fun with the silly comments! I enjoy a good laugh as much as the next guy but it sounds like it's getting personal!

Beverly Hills, CA
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: What is wrong about being frugal?

"THE GREENBRIER RESORT???"

That's the place where that BBQ guy Steven Raichlin rips off all those city folks that pay $3,000 or so a week to learn to cook on a Weber grille. What a bunch of chumps those guys are. I'll teach em all how to grille a really nice steak for a hundred bucks a head...