We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many shows to see if you are not a big gambler?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
115 posts
How many shows to see if you are not a big gambler?

I play a little blackjack but not a lot. I have 4 shows planned for my October visit to Vegas. Do you think i should do 2 or 3 more shows? I will be in Vegas for a week.

16 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
24,410 posts
36 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: How many shows to see if you are not a big gambler?

That's entirely up to you - are they shows you want to see or are you just killing time.

I personally would do no more than 2 shows in a 5 night stay (unless there was a one off headline act performing whilst I was there) so I've got free time for other activities whether that's gambling, drinking, dining or just strolling the strip.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
2. Re: How many shows to see if you are not a big gambler?

It all depends. That'd be too many for me, but I've known plenty who routinely do one a day. You're the only one who can answer this. If you want to, do it!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
33,735 posts
3. Re: How many shows to see if you are not a big gambler?

Completely up to you, I never go to any shows, just not my thing and I would never stay in LV a week.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
250 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: How many shows to see if you are not a big gambler?

Don't over plan! Simply wandering around & taking in the sights is entertaining. Plus, you can get tickets to shows while you are there, if you like. If there are shows you really want to see, get tickets in advance, but otherwise leave yourself some time to go with the flow, check out downtown, etc.

new york
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
29 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: How many shows to see if you are not a big gambler?

If there isn't anything else that you feel is a must see, then I would wait until you get there to see how you feel. You can buy tickets to many shows last minute.

I'm in a similar position - I might add on another night because there are so many shows that I want to see and not enough nights. I'm thinking of going 6 nights and leaving 2 nights without plans - one night for Fremont Street and one night for a dueling piano bar.

I went to a conference in Vegas last year - stayed 4 nights and saw 4 shows (2 in one night with one night free). I only booked the free MyVegas show in advance. I still did a lot of walking the strip, checking out fountain shows, the volcano, etc. It really depends on personal preference.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
7,632 posts
13 reviews
5 helpful votes
6. Re: How many shows to see if you are not a big gambler?

I do one or two shows a day. Sometimes its an afternoon show and another evening show or maybe just one evening show. Im not a big gambler so the shows help to take up some time. I am usually in Vegas for 5-7days. I dont do a show the day I arrive or the day I leave in case there is a mix-up at the airport. have fun

Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
7. Re: How many shows to see if you are not a big gambler?

Depends on you. I try to book 2 shows, an early & a late, for each night. Usually possible on a weekend. As you have already seen from replies, for some people just one every night is too much. Two shows does take some planning, as they need to be relatively close to each other and the running time of the 1st needs to not run overtime. In May I hoped to see La Reve after Celine, all the online rviews had people complaining that she only played 90 minutes, so I figured it would work. But she actually played over 2 hours, and it was amazing. I only paid $100 for the La Reve ticket so I wasn't out big money. Also had a discount voucher for the big ferris wheel thing that I could use anytime, so just went over & did that. I am a firm believer in having a lot of activities planned. It is easy to bail if you don't feel like doing them later, but it is harder to get into things that may be sold out the day of.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
8. Re: How many shows to see if you are not a big gambler?

As a change of pace consider a comedy club. Brad Garret's at MGM is fantastic even if he isn't performing, as is often the case. To be honest I haven't seen a show in years, but I often do the comedy clubs. Jimmy Kimmel just opened one at the Linq, but I haven't tried it so I can't say. I will in November.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
64,503 posts
2,239 reviews
1,997 helpful votes
9. Re: How many shows to see if you are not a big gambler?

We have never done more than 1 show per stay, and that is perfect for me.

Now, we get to LV more often than many, but 1/trip is enough.

Best of luck,

Hunt

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
115 posts
10. Re: How many shows to see if you are not a big gambler?

Thank you all. Think I will do the comedy show at Brad Garrett. I am staying at MGM Signature.

Reply to: How many shows to see if you are not a big gambler?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted