We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Chapel at the Grove...

new york
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
The Chapel at the Grove...

Has anyone been married at or gone to a wedding at The Chapel at the Grove (just ouside of LV)? Comments appreciated...

nyc
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Chapel at the Grove...

I was curious about this place, too. It looks lovely, but I can't find too many reviews of it.

new york
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Chapel at the Grove...

I know can't either - the facility looks beautiful and they were quick to respond to my questions. However, still undecided about a wedding site.

nyc
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Chapel at the Grove...

What other places are you considering? I'm just awash in chapels right now, trying to figure out which ones have the best packages for the best price, the best backdrop for photography, etc.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Chapel at the Grove...

check out "a special memory wedding chapel".. It seemed the nicest for the money, and is centrally located. The staff has been very helpful, and they have all the options you might want, as well as a full service floral shop onsite. It's just off Las Vegas Blvd on 4th a tad south of Stratosphere.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Chapel at the Grove...

also, John Tesh and Connie Seleca (sp?) were married at "a special memory"... (I hate his "music", but if a celebrity trusts it...) The have gobs of testimonials from satisfied customers.

new york
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Chapel at the Grove...

plexiglass - I'm researched all the free-standing chapels and "a special memory" seems OK - I'm now looking into the chapels at the hotels. The ones at Excalibur and Treasure Island are OK - but the prices are higher at the hotel chapels. This is my second wedding so I'm not looking for anything fancy - prefer a gazebo or something simple - not a lot of fake flowers and places that look like a funeral home!!

nyc
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Chapel at the Grove...

This is my first marriage, and I still want to keep it inexpensive. I'd rather spend the money treating my guests to a good time.

The hotel chapels are definitely more expensive, although I think Excalibur and TI are more reasonably priced than the others and don't look like a gaudy Brooklyn funeral home. What concerns me about most of the free-standing chapels is that they're in or near downtown, which is sort of rundown. I also get the impression that the free-standing chapels are slightly more assembly-lineish than the hotel ones.

new york
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Chapel at the Grove...

A woman I work with is in LV now - she got married yesterday at the Little Chapel of the West. Waiting for her to return on Monday to see what she thinks. There's another chapel called mon belami which received some good reviews. And yes, they do all seem like assembly-lines - but I guess that's what you'd expect in LV.

nyc
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The Chapel at the Grove...

Mon Bel Ami doesn't allow guests to take photos during the ceremony or on the chapel's grounds. I had considered them, but that policy turned me off. I didn't want to take the chance that the chapel's photographer sucked. I'd like my guests to take their own photos as back-ups. Most of the other chapels I've contacted do allow guests to take photos.

new york
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The Chapel at the Grove...

When is your wedding? Mine is in November so I have time to make a decision - but I'm getting a little frustrated with all the information available for the different chapels and hotels. Right now I'm leaning towards the hotel chapels - a little more expensive but may be worth it.