We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter trip Vancouver to Nevada.

Level Contributor
7 posts
49 reviews
Winter trip Vancouver to Nevada.

We are considering an RV trip from Vancouver, BC to Nevada. There seems to be multiple routes, but we are looking for the one that has the least amount of hill climbing to deal with. We will either be pulling a trailer, or driving our Toyota Motorhome. Any suggestions appreciated. Thx!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,717 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,226 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
378 Reviews
from $299.99*
$399.00
6 replies to this topic
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,256 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Winter trip Vancouver to Nevada.

Sounds like fun, I would post this on the Road Trips Forum.

https:/…ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Trips.html

Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
11,522 posts
167 reviews
2. Re: Winter trip Vancouver to Nevada.

Wow, sounds like a long slow trip. When you do arrive, make sure the RV can be parked at the resort, and enjoy the room servic, maid service and large bathrooms and big rooms. Consider Mandalay, MGM and Ballys

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,450 posts
86 reviews
3. Re: Winter trip Vancouver to Nevada.

I would choose the Toyota ... with serviceable "winter'' tires installed ... Drive the I-5 to Eugene OR. IF, there is not, a active storm ... Drive the 58 East. to the 97 into K Falls. From there, the 39/139/395 will take one into Reno... Follow the 50 to the 95 South, to 'Vegas Happy trails ... carracar

Level Contributor
7 posts
49 reviews
4. Re: Winter trip Vancouver to Nevada.

Thankyou!

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
73 reviews
5. Re: Winter trip Vancouver to Nevada.

Do yourself a favour and get BCAA, they can help you plan the trip, and they added security of having roadside assistance is immeasurable. There are lots of folks who visit Nevada from BC, AB, Sask etc it’s a great way to see N. America.

Level Contributor
7 posts
49 reviews
6. Re: Winter trip Vancouver to Nevada.

We have BCAA. Even have the xtra RV BCAA. I'll go see what they can offer as far as trip advice. Thx.

Reply to: Winter trip Vancouver to Nevada.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted