We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Gold and Silver Pawn Shop Closed for good

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
Has Gold and Silver Pawn Shop Closed for good

I would like to know if anyone knows if the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop owned originally by The Old Man has closed for good? I know the Old Man passed away sadly and I also heard a rumour that the shop may have closed permanently? I can't seem to find anything on line so I am hoping someone here onTA knows.

Many thanks and with appreciation!

30 replies to this topic
Maryland
Level Contributor
65,170 posts
48 reviews
108 helpful votes
1. Re: Has Gold and Silver Pawn Shop Closed for good

Their website gives no indication of any kind of closure.

And the site references the death of the “ Old Man”, so presumably it’s current.

Where did you hear it was closed?

https://gspawn.com

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Has Gold and Silver Pawn Shop Closed for good

IrishFan....thanks for the speedy reply....it could be just a rumour as I heard it from a friend here in Vancouver, BC.

3. Re: Has Gold and Silver Pawn Shop Closed for good

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, August 01, 2018

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
6 reviews
8 helpful votes
4. Re: Has Gold and Silver Pawn Shop Closed for good

We were in the shop on July 11th and it was business as usual.The old man was not full owner Rick was 49% anyways.He has a bbq place in the same parking lot and Chumlee has a candy store there also.I dont think he is planning to close anything

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
927 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Has Gold and Silver Pawn Shop Closed for good

I'm sure none of the 'celebrity' staff have done any actual work at the store for a good few years, so the store can carry on without any of them.

The rumour monger has probably got confused with the television show ending, which is more likely.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
33 reviews
23 helpful votes
6. Re: Has Gold and Silver Pawn Shop Closed for good

Doubt very much the shop is closing; we visited in July; did a meet and greet tour through Annie Bananie, shop was busy and a big queue outside, but we skipped the line and went straight in.Think it’s potluck who you get to meet.

Edited: 3:41 am, August 02, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
15,313 posts
2,370 reviews
770 helpful votes
7. Re: Has Gold and Silver Pawn Shop Closed for good

The Gold and Silver Pawn Shop is open and they signed a deal with The History Channel to continue production of the TV Show. The "old man" had Parkinson's disease for several years. He was 77 when he passed away. That Pawn Shop is a gold mine and I have know idea how anyone could say it is closing.

Here are a few ways to get on that TV Show as an extra. Show up early, be well dressed, never look at the cameras, act like you are shopping and do what the producers say. The TV show is taped in the early AM, usually starting around 8am. Contact ABC-TV (Disney), History Channel or Hearst Communications if you want to be in the background. If you have something of value to sell or pawn, contact the producers well in advance.

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
5,191 posts
316 reviews
291 helpful votes
8. Re: Has Gold and Silver Pawn Shop Closed for good

Gary B....thanks for the info! much appreciated!

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
9 helpful votes
9. Re: Has Gold and Silver Pawn Shop Closed for good

Was still open mid September

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
15,786 posts
3,560 reviews
4,971 helpful votes