We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbary Coast

illinois
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Barbary Coast

Does anyone know if BC is still there or has changed names? If so- has the atmosphere changed? In the past we have stayed at the better hotels but like to gamble there. Also is fat Elvis still there?

Thanks for any info.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,706 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,210 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
926 Reviews
from $598.99*
syracuse NY
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbary Coast

It is still there, but has changed names to Bills. I've heard Elvis is still there.

uk
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbary Coast

Was there two weeks ago.

All exactly the same, except name change.

Same restaurants etc.

Elvis still there too!!

The Lone Star State
Level Contributor
374 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbary Coast

Have heard from friends that so far, the only difference is the name. For what it's worth - it's "Big Elvis". :-)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,121 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbary Coast

Didn't I read here that one of the two "high end" restaurants there has relocated to the South Point? Can't recall if it was Michael's or Drai's. Anybody that can fill me in?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,695 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbary Coast

I asked and was told Michael's. But what's in the Michael's space in Bill's now?

Erie Michigan
Level Contributor
834 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barbary Coast

Michaels was replaced by "The Steakhouse at Bill's". No idea on how the food is, haven't heard or read anything.

Have read that they cleaned the place up a bit and that it no longer has that musty smell to it.

If you gamble there let us know how it is :0)

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,488 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barbary Coast

Michael's is moving and Drai's is supposed to go to a nightclub only in the future. Haven't heard much about Bill's steakhouse which is in Michael's place.

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,488 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barbary Coast

Oh, and they have changed table odds and VP is now not playable per vpfree.

9. Re: Barbary Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 29, 2009