We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab Fare - Strip to Downtown

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cab Fare - Strip to Downtown

Does anyone know approximately how much cab fare is from the Strip to downtown (Fremont Street)? Also, is there a bus, and if so, is it feasible to take it? Thanks.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab Fare - Strip to Downtown

cab fare from where on the strip?

yes there is a bus - called the duece - it runs 24/7 down the strip and to downtown and is $2 a trip for $5 for a 24 hour pass. From mid strip the duece can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 45 minutes to get downtown

Upstate, New York
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab Fare - Strip to Downtown

"Strip" being like 3 miles long...depends where you are at on the "Strip" ....and time of day/ traffic/ route taken...but call it $20-25 with tip. I'll let somebody else explain you bus option called the "Duece" having never taken/wasted* the time to do that.

* I may find time to be overly precious while in Vegas.

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,476 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab Fare - Strip to Downtown

One way from downtown to the Mirage ran me about $17 with tip. There is a bus called the Deuce - it is $5 for a 24 hour pass but it fills up on the south end of the strip. It is hard to get on from center strip and further north. Later in the day, it can take over an hour to get downtown. You may want to look up some of the other bus routes that run parrallel to the strip instead. Try googling the bus system - its called CAT.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cab Fare - Strip to Downtown

$20/25 (each way) should do it depending on where you are starting out. The Deuce does go downtown but it can get very crowded and it can be very slow. It make many stops and it only drives on the strip so it does get stuck in strip traffic. If you don't mind taking a long time to get to downtown (some people have reported it took them over an hour) then it is fine.

http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/deuce/

Kentucky
Level Contributor
243 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cab Fare - Strip to Downtown

Luxor to downtown cost me $22 last September.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cab Fare - Strip to Downtown

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

la
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cab Fare - Strip to Downtown

do they still have the express deuce, 3-4 stops to downtown. I think it is #302???

nj
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cab Fare - Strip to Downtown

sts

i think they might have discontinued 301 and 302 replaced by deuce. i've been wondering the same thing myself and dont see it listed on the transportation website.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cab Fare - Strip to Downtown

I'm pretty sure there is no more express bus to Downtown- they did away with it when they brought in theDeuce- I sure wish they would try an Express Deuce. We don't care exactly where on the Strip we get out - and would definitely take one that only made a few stops- I think it would help relieve the situation on the Strip- but I guess the "powers that be " don't see it that way.

I keep hoping they would put one in just to see if it would help. It takes the Deuces forever to stop at every intersection.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cab Fare - Strip to Downtown

The Express bus downtown is no longer available. The Deuce took over #301 and #302 and it is the only bus that runs on the strip (and downtown). I am not sure why they eliminated it.