We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Rock Canyon - where to start???

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
121 reviews
Red Rock Canyon - where to start???

It feels overwhelming looking at the different trails available. We are going for one day in December. Our fitness levels are good (we're not running marathons but a 3 mile run is doable. We're happy to do a mix or running/walking and will be driving from Las Vegas to get there.

Can anyone recommend a combination of trails to do, please?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,719 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,234 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las...
617 Reviews
from $369.99*
$479.00
11 replies to this topic
1. Re: Red Rock Canyon - where to start???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:29 am, November 27, 2017

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
30,227 posts
2. Re: Red Rock Canyon - where to start???

<<<will be driving from Las Vegas to get there>>>

RRC is in Las Vegas

Agree, start at the visitor center.

binghamton
Level Contributor
2,679 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Red Rock Canyon - where to start???

was there last week and started at the Visitor Ctr. The staff there are very informative and might be able to give you some ideas and answers....have a great time...we did !

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
121 reviews
4. Re: Red Rock Canyon - where to start???

I guess I said we'll be driving there so people knew we had access to a car whilst there. Not sure what the initial response said, obviously wasn't kind/useful.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
839 posts
1 review
5. Re: Red Rock Canyon - where to start???

There are often (free) guided walks around the park. I went on one with a geology theme which was interesting, plus it snowed!

6. Re: Red Rock Canyon - where to start???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:29 am, November 27, 2017

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Red Rock Canyon - where to start???

I live near Red Rock and go there weekly. I recommend hiking up Pine or Oak Creek Canyons. Both are nice and you just keep going up the wash until you feel like turning around. Ice Box Canyon is the most popular trail I'd say and is nice, but short. Red Rock is overrun with people now a days, so go early

Corvallis, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Red Rock Canyon - where to start???

The first response was both kind and useful in my opinion. It was basically a longer version of post #3. I was surprised it was deleted.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
121 reviews
9. Re: Red Rock Canyon - where to start???

I didn't see the first one but assumed it must have been bad to have been deleted. Now I see another few posts have been deleted too, none of which there was anything wrong with....what on earth is happening?

Forest Hill...
Level Contributor
194 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: Red Rock Canyon - where to start???

what on earth is happening?

A lot of posts get deleted on this forum. I don't know why.

Reply to: Red Rock Canyon - where to start???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted