We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much have you won playing themed penny and nickel...

Princeton WV
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Topic
How much have you won playing themed penny and nickel...

Can aynone tell me the most money thay have ever won on a themed nickel machine and themed penny slots? Thanks!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,641 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,129 Reviews
from $142.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
917 Reviews
from $598.99*
$650.00
South Carolina
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: How much have you won playing themed penny and nickel...

The machines that have been mentioned are video type machines and all have bonus rounds which are quite fun to play. I was intimidated by these machines at first, but they all have a screen that explains the game. What the winning symbols are and what "triggers" the bonus game. Next time you are near one just sit down at it and study the help screen or pay table screen. In terms of comparing it to a reel type machine, I think of it as playing multiple machines at once. On a single pay line reel machine you have one chance to win. On the video games you have as many chances to win as there are pay lines, plus the scatter pays and the bonus rounds. "Try it, you'll like it!" Oh, and yes, 3 nickels per line on a 20 line machine means you are playing $3.00 a shot. Try one of the games that has only 9 lines with a max of 5 coins per line. You can play max coins for $2.25.

Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: How much have you won playing themed penny and nickel...

LVescape,

Thank you for the explaination. My hubby and I agreed we need to "expand our horizons" and get off the reel slots.

He has been venturing to the craps table and doing well for a newbie. The craps attendants really like him because he does something and they say thank you to him and thay hoot and hollar (can you tell I know NOTHING about craps) :)

I have been intrigued with the video slots and will use your advice.

Another stupid question, do you put in a 20.00 in a machine and play it out?

South Carolina
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: How much have you won playing themed penny and nickel...

I usually start with a twenty. I vary my play as to number of coins per line, but almost never play less than all the lines (unless I am at the end of the money and there are only, say, 9 credits left and it's a 12 line machine. Then I will play 9 lines with 1 credit just to finish it off. There are some of these machines that are progressive. I do not play the progressives unless I plan to play max credits. I would die if ever I hit the big one and didn't have enough coins played to collect onit. If you are interested in trying it out there is a website that has free slot games and some of them are multiline video machines. It is fun, free, and can give you an idea of how the games are played. Even has bonus rounds. Here is the site:

www.freeslots.com

Have fun!