We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks for New Years Eve in South Lake Tahoe

NJ
Level Contributor
262 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Fireworks for New Years Eve in South Lake Tahoe

Hi,

Does anyone know if there will be fireworks in the South Lake Tahoe area New Years Eve? I've heard Kirkwood has them but we want to stay local that night.

Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireworks for New Years Eve in South Lake Tahoe

There are alot of people who celebrate new year's in SLT but there are no fireworks in that area. Many years the crowds spill out into the streets and it can be rowdy. Northstar is also having fireworks but as you say you want to stay local.

NJ
Level Contributor
262 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireworks for New Years Eve in South Lake Tahoe

Thanks Suzie. I am curious...where is Northstar? The reason I asked about fireworks is because the brochure I just received in the mail from Heavenly shows fireworks in the snow....it looked kinda neat! Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fireworks for New Years Eve in South Lake Tahoe

Northstar is between Truckee and the lake on the north side.

4. Re: Fireworks for New Years Eve in South Lake Tahoe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, August 20, 2009