We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interchangeable lift pass or Pass at each resort

Ireland
10 posts
Save Topic
Interchangeable lift pass or Pass at each resort

My girlfriend and are snowboarding the lake tahoe area in Feb., we plan to ride in a few differnt resorts. Would the interchangeable pass be better value than independent pass at each resort. I have looked around on the web and there doesn't appear to be any real saving. Any help appreciated.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interchangeable lift pass or Pass at each resort

News is that the interchangeable ski pass called the Six Pack is sold out for the season.

What was the interchangeable pass you were interested in?

Ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Interchangeable lift pass or Pass at each resort

i'm not sure what it was called. I dont recall it being called the six pack, but the one i looked at did give you access to six or even possibly seven different resorts. I didn't realise that they would sell out, is that it for the whole season. I guess travel companies would buy them up, i can get them at present in the UK but there is very little difference between those at buying a day pass at each resort.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interchangeable lift pass or Pass at each resort

The six pack is limited to a small number as is the community pack. These have some blackout dates but they can be used at any time during the season at 7 of the Tahoe area ski resorts. I know there is another booklet where you have to use them during 5 of 7 day period. That's an interchangeable booklet. So for 5 days you pay like $300 and for 4 of 6 days you pay $250. Squaw is pretty expensive but they also have 4 of 6 and 5 of 7 discounts if you only ski there. If it doesn't pay off I 'd wait. You may find that you really enjoy one place that's cheaper anyway and ski there more than the more spendy places. Doesn't seem like the shipping and handling charges would be worth it.

Ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Interchangeable lift pass or Pass at each resort

I agree your right, thanks for your input and time. Whatever i'm sure we'll have a blast.... can't wait!

5. Re: Interchangeable lift pass or Pass at each resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 26, 2009