We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

David Wally Resort, Genoa

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
David Wally Resort, Genoa

Has anyone stayed at David Wally Resort? Some of the reviews are not that great. Is it really that bad? What about places to eat that are not that expensive. Thanks

South Lake Tahoe
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: David Wally Resort, Genoa

Never heard of the place... But then again why would you stay down in Genoa when you can stay in Tahoe? really not much down in Genoa.. But if that is what you are looking for! Then you have found the right place...

cupertino, ca
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: David Wally Resort, Genoa

I am suprised "real tahoe local" does not know about this place as it's only 12 mies from South Lake tahoe. David Wally Resort is a very upscale time share resort. A co-worker of mine has stayed there before and said she was very happy with the location and it a nice alternative to the commercialized atmosphere of South Lake Tahoe.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: David Wally Resort, Genoa

LOL how long have you been a real Tahoe local if you haven't heard of David Walley's Resort?

ADTK are you looking for restaurants in Genoa?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: David Wally Resort, Genoa

Suzie-Travels, I am interested in any suggestions you may have for restaurants or activities good for 17 & 14 year olds. We plan to leave Genoa and head to Yosemite on Monday then back to Lake Tahoe/Genoa area Tuesday. This is our first time in this area and we did an exchange for David Walley. The traveling does not bother any of us, we just would like to go places that are worth while. Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: David Wally Resort, Genoa

When you drive to Yosemite you will turn right on 120 just outside Lee Vining. On your left is a gas station. Stop there and enjoy something from the Whoa Nellie Deli. If you have not taken lunch with you and it's too early still, pick up something to enjoy later as a picnic. You will be amazed what they have there. Great place.

We always stop at the Jolly Cone in Bridgeport for a milkshake, dipped ice cream and/or burger. It's that old fashioned burger before fast food.

In South Lake Tahoe there are tons of lunch spots around the new Heavenly gondola. They are all the ususal chains that I'm sure you know: Subway, Quiznos etc.

Dinner places south lake tahoe that are not chains that kids and parents may like:

Riva Grill at the ski run marina. Lake view and outdoor dining

http://www.rivagrill.com/

Cantina near Camp Richardson

http://www.cantinatahoe.com/

North Shore - Incline

Lone Eagle Grill lakeside at the Hyatt

Hacienda de la Sierra

Carnelian Bay

Garwoods - older sister restaurant to Riva Grill better food drink and views than Riva Grill

Just south of Tahoe City

Sunnyside Resort lakeside indoor and outdoor dining.

(I'm not against chain restaurants I just assume people already know what to expect and whether those restaurants appeal to their families, in other words, you don't need a recommendation from) me.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: David Wally Resort, Genoa

Thank you....I have copied your whole responce and will take it with us. It will be very helpful I'm sure and my kids will appreciate the fact we are not wondering around saying, "where should we go". Thanks again!

7. Re: David Wally Resort, Genoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 15, 2009