We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Help!!!

atl
14 posts
Save Topic
Vacation Help!!!

Going to Lake Tahoe in August and want to make the most of a 4 day trip. I really would like to go to San Fran, Napa and/or Spa. However, I keep reading about Yosimite. Now Im all confused. Can anybody send a good 4 day trip. Ill be flying into Reno and possibly renting a car. This is a special trip for me and my mother who will be celebrating her birthday.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation Help!!!

All of your selected places are pretty far from Tahoe.

SF is about 4 hours from Tahoe/Reno.

Napa is about 3.5 hours.

Reno to Lee Vining which is the east entrance to Yosemite is 3 hours but the drive from Lee Vining to Yosemite Valley is more than 1.5 hours.

Where will you be staying in Tahoe? The Hyatt has a new beautiful spa.

…hyatt.com/hyatt/…

atl
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation Help!!!

Thank you for the response. Im torn if to fly into San Fran stay for a night, travel to Napa then onto Reno. ( My mother will be staying in Reno/Lake Tahoe with friends). Or if I should fly to Reno/LTH then do day trip over to San Fran stay a night or two and come back.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation Help!!!

I would fly into SFO and then stay in SF and then onto Napa and then onto Reno. Lots less driving than out to SF and Napa and then back. You know CA gas prices are over $3.00 per gallon?

4. Re: Vacation Help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, August 13, 2009