We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harrah's Lake Tahoe / Drive to Vegas

Taylorsville
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Harrah's Lake Tahoe / Drive to Vegas

Staying at Harrah's Tahoe late December. What should I expect for a King standard room? Also, driving from Harrah's Tahoe to Vegas. Which route should I take? Can i make it in 8 hrs?

Mentioned in this post
Lodi, California
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Harrah's Lake Tahoe / Drive to Vegas

Check google maps, I'm seeing it should take about 8 hours

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harrah's Lake Tahoe / Drive to Vegas

The king standard rooms at Harrah's are very nice. They even have two bathrooms.

Driving in December is weather dependent. You can take the hwy 95 to Las Vegas, but it is not all that scenic. The most scenic route would be to take Hwy 395 south - through Death Valley and then to Las Vegas. This is not a drive to take in bad weather. This drive will also take more than 8 hours.

Sometimes in December just getting out of the Lake Tahoe basin can be a challenge in heavy snow.

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Harrah's Lake Tahoe / Drive to Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:40 am, June 21, 2013