We are a family of 4 - kids are 8 and 12 - who are planning a trip from July 9th - 18th to visit Yosemite and Lake Tahoe. We have just started planning. Can anyone give advice on things like:
1) Should we fly into Fresno and out of Reno or vise versa or should we fly into sacremento?
2) Given that we have 8 days of vacation, not counting 2 days for travel, how should we divi up our vacation between the 2 areas. Route suggestions?
3) We love scenery - hiking and boating, rafting, canoeing etc
4) We are not campers and would like to stay in nice places and/or rent a house on the lake or maybe a bed and breakfast?
5) We have a pretty generous budget (I think) - what should we do and what are the not to miss items?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.