We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling Highway 83??

Which North Platte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
Level Contributor
655 posts
203 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling Highway 83??

Looking at staying the night in North Platte and heading south to the chalk pyramids in KS and beyond. I know this is alot of prarie land, but what kind of a road is 83?...good condition?...2-lane? Are there stop opportunities along that stretch or is it just "you and the land"?:-) Thanks All!

North Platte...
Level Contributor
362 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling Highway 83??

Howdy deskclerk,

First off I had to lookup to see where and what the Chalk Pyramids are. Wow! I will have to check these out sometime. Anyway, Highway 83 is a very good two lane highway. It will be better in different spots because it is a state highway and is maintained from county line to county line. You will go through several towns along the way, as you would do on any state highway across the state. Your mind will have time to wonder. So enjoy! Keep an eye out for the cowboys and indians.

Happy trails,

SandBilly

Alabama
Level Contributor
655 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling Highway 83??

Thanks for the info...I hadn't heard of the pyramids until recently either, but it was recommended that I not miss them between Wyoming and Dodge City/Wichita...so, we're gonna get the truck a little dusty;-)...Thanks again!

3. Re: Traveling Highway 83??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about North Platte
More North Platte Topics