We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On the road next year

Carmel Valley
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
On the road next year

I will be driving from the CA Central Coast to Lincoln Nebraska in August. What is the best route that time of year?

Grand Island...
Level Contributor
169 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On the road next year

Were you wanting the drive to be scenic or the quickest?

ctyadmcc
Level Contributor
8 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On the road next year

If you're in the San Diego area, just head up I15 towards Las Vegas. Once you pass Vegas, the miles are fast and easy. Traffic is much lighter and speed limits get up to 80. The mountains in Colorado will slow you down. Once you get through Denver, traffic is lighter and the miles become fast and easy again. I've driven Vegas to central Nebraska in one stretch before. It's a pretty easy trip.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On the road next year

From Carmel Valley fastest will be to drive I5 to Sacramento and I80 all the way to Lincoln.

4. Re: On the road next year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, October 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln