We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowmobiling near Whitefish

Woodinville, Wa
Level Contributor
75 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Snowmobiling near Whitefish

We are looking for a snowmobile tour this month and are looking at 2 options. We haven't planned on renting a car but will need one if we go with Swan Mountain Snowmobiling. They have great reviews, its just getting to them will cost an extra $80.. Whitefish mountain also offers snowmobiling but I can't find any reviews on them at all. The benefit of going with the mountain is that we will have transportation from the lodge we are staying at. Does anyone have an opinion on Whitefish Mountain snowmobiling?

Thanks

Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowmobiling near Whitefish

I take groups of skiiers to Whitefish and a few have done that tour. You start at the top of the mountain and go downthe backside and back up. No compaints and it is convienient. Tears ago I went with an outfitter out of Columbia Falls. They drove us to a trail head and without a guide we headed through the forest and up the back side of the Mountain. We met the skiiers at the top for lunch. Don't remember the name of the out fit though. We had a car so were able to get ourselves there.

2. Re: Snowmobiling near Whitefish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 11, 2014