We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Yellowstone Lodging

Nashville, TN
3 posts
Save Topic
West Yellowstone Lodging

We are headed to Yellowstone for 3 days the first of July. It's so hard evaluating lodging by the websites. Has anyone stayed at Comfort Inn at West Yellowstone, or the Holiday Inn West Yellowstone Conference, or Gray Wolf Inn? Would love to have impressions. Thanks!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
858 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Yellowstone Lodging

Just got back. Holiday Inn and Gray Wolf both looked very nice. I didn't notice the Comfort Inn. We stayed at Days Inn and I would take a pass on it. My preference would be Gray Wolf, although I've heard the restaurant at Holiday Inn is very good (from a local).

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,420 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Yellowstone Lodging

Don't know exactly the level of accomodations you are looking for, but we stayed at the City Center motel in West last July and it was terrific.

Large room, air conditioning, cable TV, but no phone in the room. They have a huge kitchen/dining room on the property, so you can cook some meals instead of eating out if you like. Grocery store just across the street too.

I'd definitely stay at City Center again on a future visit. It was a great place!!

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West Yellowstone Lodging

The Holiday Inn Sunspree is a very nice place to stay at, but as we found out, it is a popular hotel that books up several months in advance. The Comfort Inn is quite nice too. You might also want to check out the Three Bear Lodge. It's not a fancy hotel, but a decent place to stay with friendly staff members and clean, affordable rooms. There is an excellent restaurant at the hotel, which is also called Three Bears. We stayed at the Best Western Executive Inn (now a Travelodge) and found it to be satisfactory but a bit expensive for what you get. It is an older motel with a very small bathroom (the sink is outside of the bathroom) and is nothing special. It serves its purpose but there are plenty of nice, newer hotels in the area than are a better value than this one. Let me know if you have any other questions.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West Yellowstone Lodging

I mean to say that (not than) are better than the place we stayed at.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Yellowstone Lodging

The Kelly Inn is a nice hotel that is worth checking out. It's a very good value. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel has a decent indoor pool area and a continental breakfast is served each morning. I believe that there is a refrigerator and microwave in each room. Also, the hotel is modern and is in a good location.

New Jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: West Yellowstone Lodging

We stayed at the Yellowstone Lodge last June. The staff was very good. The rooms were nice and clean and modern. Free breakfast every morning including do-it-yourself Belgian Waffles. The only downside I noticed is that the walls are kinda thin. One night we were able to hear some muffled noises from an adjacent room. The other nights we didn't hear a thing. Maybe just noisy neighbors that night. We needed the two-bedroom suite for our 4 night stay. It wasn't avaiable the first night, so they gave us two adjacent rooms at the same rate for that first night. They moved our stuff for us while we were in the park to the 2BR suite when it became avaialable.

Jerome, Idaho
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: West Yellowstone Lodging

We stayed at Gray Wolf Inn the first part of October for the first time. We only live about five hours from West Yellowstone and go there frequently. We stayed in a suite with one bedroom (two queen beds if I recall correctly), a full kitchen (dishwasher, stove, oven, refrigerator, bar, etc.), and a bathroom with a seperate vanity. The sofa also made out into a sleeper. I have three children so that worked out perfectly. There were also two televisions so the kids could watch cartoons and we could watch something else in the bedroom. Their pool is average (clean though) along with their whirlpool. I think they had breakfast but I'm not quite sure. It was very roomy and clean. We were very impressed and will probably stay there again this year. We got an exceptional rate last October, but I think that's because it was considered off-season.

Voorhees, NJ
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: West Yellowstone Lodging

Were staying at Three Bear lodge, looks very cozy, but we wont be in the room much, and we read alot of good reviews. We originally booked at Hibernation Station, but saw lots of not so good things, plus construction is right next door! Enjoy your trip!

Cameron, Montana
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: West Yellowstone Lodging

The Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort is a very nice hotel. Pretty much the nicest in West Yellowstone. It has lots of amenities and very clean rooms. The rooms all have refrigerator and microwave and are oversized. Really comfortable. The Comfort Inn has several good amenities as well along with continental breakfasts. Both places have indoor swimming pool and hot tubs. I haven't seen or heard much about the Gray Wolf Inn. Happy Travels!

10. Re: West Yellowstone Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 15, 2009