We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging June 2011

Springport, MI USA
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lodging June 2011

Hi- My family (2 seniors, two parents, 2 kids 6 and 9 yoa), need lodging in West Yellowstone for the nights of June 15 and 16. We want the rooms to be nice but not wreck what is left of our retirement. We would really appreciate any suggestions! A pool for the kids would be nice, but not mandatoryThanks, Bill.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,357 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging June 2011

When were were visiting the Grizzly/Wolf Discovery Center (a great place to visit with your kids) in West YS, the Grey Wolf Inn and Suites was across the street and looked very nice. We would stay there and hope to hear the wolves howling! Also near the IMAX theater and close to restaurants. Other places to consider are Holiday Inn and 3 Bear Lodge.

There are so many motels, I'd check the reviews here on TA to find one that fits your needs.

Have a great trip!

Springport, MI USA
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging June 2011

CasaAzul - Thanks! i just checked Grey Wolfe Inn and Suites and it is full! Thanks - Bill

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,441 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging June 2011

Three Bear Lodge is good and we have also stayed at the BW Desert Inn a couple of years ago.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
21,346 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging June 2011

I second 3 Bear, but be aware some of it is old motel style, some of it is newer lodge style. I stayed in the lodge last Sept and it was quite nice.

I have also stayed at Yellowstone Park Hotel and Holiday Inn (had Priority points to use...)

If you look at a map of West, anything South of the main entry road to the park is new construction over the last 12-15 years or so.

I stayed at Days Inn a LONG time ago, so no recommendations on how it is currently.

Pam

5. Re: Lodging June 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:13 am, June 06, 2011
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging June 2011

If you are striking out, because this is beyond the eleventh hour for June 2011 trip-to-yellowstone planning, try Big Sky. They have a network of private homes, condos and townhouses that can be rented.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging June 2011

Also you can check into Island Park. There are homes for rent a couple of hotels that are closer than Big Sky.

Indiana
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lodging June 2011

I would avoid the Bar N Ranch like the plague. The photos are very misleading. It is a mud hole.

9. Re: Lodging June 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 21, 2012