We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Sky Excursions

Which West Yellowstone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Timaru, New Zealand
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Big Sky Excursions

My wife and I and 8 kids (ages 18 - 6) are going to spend a week in Big Sky at the end of July and are looking for things to do for fun. We like hiking, biking, rafting, climbing, swimming. Is there a less expensive alternative to rafting other than the Geyser Whitewater Expeditions? We also will have a few extra days to spend in early August and are trying to decide where to go. Any suggestions, i.e., Grand Teton, Glacier NP, Whitefish?

thanks,

John

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,891 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Sky Excursions

Have you been to Yellowstone?- if not then the scenery and wildlife are awesome and not to be missed. What is your trip plan and where are you flying out of? How many days do you have after Big Sky?

Edited: 2:47 pm, May 13, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
Level Contributor
306 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Sky Excursions

There is a great hike right in Big Sky called Bee Hive Basin. About four hours round trip up to a lake. Check out Trails.com and google Big Sky. There is plenty of mountain biking on the mountain, take the chair lift up and bike down.

Cape Girardeau...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Sky Excursions

We're thinking of a family reunion next summer in Big Sky. Similar ages to your family. Would appreciate your experience with Big Sky.

4. Re: Big Sky Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 19, 2011