We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E Bar L Ranch

Which Missoula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
1 post
Save Topic
E Bar L Ranch

Does anyone have any info on E/L Guest Ranch? We are staying there in two weeks and have no information. I know they are exclusive - no website, brochure, etc., but I am curious to know where I'll be staying for 7 days. Any info is greatly appreciated, i.e. amenities, rooms, food, activities, horses....

montana
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: E Bar L Ranch

E Bar L is a fabulous ranch, exquisite, elegant and rustic. We have been there as guests for dinner and the hospitality is rich, comfortable and down to earth. The dinner menu is fabulous and accomodations are private and well done.

So how did you like it? Now I would like to have some pictures of E Bar L to send to my friends who are considering going there and I don't have any. It's just a hard place to describe because there is nothing like it anywhere that I've ever been. Do you have any pictures that I could see and share? Thanks, MC

New York
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: E Bar L Ranch

I also love the E Bar L, and have been going for many years. I was just looking around on the internet for photos to show a friend, and I stumbled upon a brochure (copy and paste into browser). I hope you had a great time on the ranch!

acfmontanachefs.org/Jobs/…22

New York
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: E Bar L Ranch

The E/L Ranch was one of the first vactions I truly remember as a child. My father had visited many times and took me for the first time 15 years ago to experience western riding at its best. The cabins are comfortable and the other people at the ranch are a joy to meet during trail rides and at dinner. Top rated service and privacy. This vacation is rustic elegance at its best; trail rides, fly fishing, evening softball games and bonfires- A perfect trip to get away from the city and enjoy friends and family. E/L is a real reminder of things most important.

West Falmouth Ma
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: E Bar L Ranch

Get ready for a great time! You stay in your own cabin, with bathroom.Early breakfast(if you choose) at the main ranch house, big building(Xela Erickson-one of the owners-lives upstairs,and Andy her son also. The big hous is set on lush green lawn ,kept well watered throughout the summer. Fresh milk at breakfast, from a couple hours earlier. I can't quite remember the entire breakfast menu, but regular faire. Then down to the corral for the mornings horse ride. As an adult, you can go with the kids ride, or the boring adult ride. The kids ride is packed with good fun, some loping, galloping, and some kind of game on horseback, like capture the flag, and possible some jumping at the jump pits, all on private beautiful montana woods and meadows on hundreds of acres. Then lunch, sometimes a cookout, most times in the main ranch house. Good food. After lunch you can go either dump shooting, or most often skeet shooting, great fun. Then @ around 3:00, atruck arrives at the main compund(horn in-where you can sign for beers, soda etc, Ranch house, cabin with ping-pong, baseball diamond-all kept lush green with regular watering) loaded with innertubes for the daily trip to the blackfoot river for tubing down the river. They drop everone off at the top of the river,then meet everone at the swimming hole. You tube down a moderate river, to the swimming hole, probably 40 minutes ride. Then spend another hour swimming, and jumping off the rope. Back to the ranch @ 4:30. Dinner around 6:00. Great dinner. After dinner, a daily softball game, then over to horn inn, for socializing and a campfire for the nights activities. Other options are available, such as borrowing a car to do some private fishing, on the blackfoot or othe streams. Worth the money, nice friendly people, a great memory.

5. Re: E Bar L Ranch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Missoula