We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Route Kalispell to Spokane

Which Kalispell hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
Level Contributor
660 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Best Route Kalispell to Spokane

Hello, My daughter and I will be staying in Kalispell and then driving on to Spokane for shopping. What would be the easiest/quickest route for driving from Kalispell to Spokane. Any interesting places to stop for shopping, coffee or lunch along the way. Thanks.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Route Kalispell to Spokane

Options include hwy 2 via Libby to Sandpoint for lunch, then down to Spokane. Not real fast however.

Spokane via Polson, Rivalli to the turn off to St. Regis, then down to interstate 90 and into Spokane is faster, not sure on interest food. the views are nice on this route for the first 3rd of this route.

Alberta
Level Contributor
660 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Route Kalispell to Spokane

Thanks. Your second option sounds the best for this trip. I'm already taking a longer route from Calgary to Spokane by going via Kalispell. Have booked the HI Express in Sandpoint for one night. I finally have the opportunity to compare, for quick shopping trips, Kalispell to Great Falls. Will be going back through Sandpoint though, any restaurant recommendations?

Alberta
Level Contributor
660 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Route Kalispell to Spokane

I obviously did not read k2kelley's reply fully. I went on to Mapquest and printed off the route it gave me; glanced at it, and thought it was the same one suggested. Missed the part about going to Polson. We went via Hwy 28, miles and miles of following a pilot truck through a single lane construction zone. At one point I thought we could pool our food and drink with the other travellers for a tailgate party as it seemed like a long wait for the pilot truck! Something else that surprised me is that on the I-90 vehicles travelling in the left lane weren't doing the speed limit. I'm use to seeing signs that ask slower traffic to keep to the right. We had a great time; and I think that when the construction is complete, it would be a good way to go.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Route Kalispell to Spokane

Sorry you got stuck in the traffic jam. Another full year before the constrfuction is complete> Most drivers know to move to the right but we do have driving idiots. Try flashing your lights to get them to move over. Otherwise,..................the chance to pass will come at some point

Alberta
Level Contributor
660 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Route Kalispell to Spokane

Thanks k2kelly!

6. Re: Best Route Kalispell to Spokane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 20, 2011