We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bitteroot or Swan Valley from Missoula to Kalispell area

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bitteroot or Swan Valley from Missoula to Kalispell area

We have just one day to travel by car from Yellowstone National Park to West Glacier and want to see as much of Montana's beautiful scenery as possible. We've planned to make short stops along the way and have at least one mid-day meal and dinner . Suggestions are MUCH APPRECIATED!

From I-90 northward to West Glacier:

*US Hwy 93 to Montana Hwy 35

OR

*Montana Hwy 200 to Montana Hwy 83 through Swan Valley? Read about lots of deer/wildlife on this road. Two (2) hours to Big Fork?

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bitteroot or Swan Valley from Missoula to Kalispell area

OOPS! I believe US Hwy 93 is the Flathead Valley, not Bitterroot.

Northern Illinois
Level Contributor
167 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bitteroot or Swan Valley from Missoula to Kalispell area

Hey truegrit,

Maybe the answers to my questions will help you. Search under Philipsburg to Glacier. I know what you mean, I am trying to pick the most scenic way too. I keep pouring over the map and looking at this site.

3. Re: Bitteroot or Swan Valley from Missoula to Kalispell area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 23, 2009