We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner

What types of dinner places are available in Gardiner these days? Last time I was there there were 2 restaurants, both at hotels and they stopped serving at about 8. Not sure what time we'll get in, so I'm hoping there are some more options...

7 replies to this topic
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner

If you're just arriving at the park from the north, stop in Livingston or Chico Hot Springs.

Englewood, Fl.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner

Depending on the time of year and when you arrive in town you can probably find "something to eat." Burgers, pizza, bar food, etc. Check the restaurants tab on the left for a listing, complete with reviews.

Gardiner is a laid back, small mountain town that just happens to be in an excellent location for those visiting Yellowstone. However since you have been there you might remember that "dinner" in the classic sense, and Gardiner, don't really belong in the same sentence...... :-)

If flying into Bozeman and coming down from the north, I would agree with ainwa. To be safe, I would either have dinner in Bozeman, or stop in Livingston before heading down to Gardiner.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
166 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner

I've stayed in Gardiner twice with the most recent time being Sept 2009. We loved the Raven Grill for dinner. We arrived as late as 9:00-9:30 & were still able to get served. We also loved Pedilino's which I have not seen any posts about recently. It was always really busy so i can't imagine it closed, but I guess it's possible.

We also ate at the Yellowstone Mine (at the Best Western) once for dinner. My husband really liked it, I did not. The service was awful and the food was mediocre.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,511 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner

We did not find much in the way of food the last time we were in Gardiner. We had breakfast at the Yellowstone Mine and the buffet was good but my husband does better on our grill at home than we had at the Raven Grill. Steaks were fair at best and the sides were just ok.

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
632 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner

Our expectations were low and the food good at The Raven Grill, which was recommended to us by a fly fisherman. Very casual and laid back. Check out the reviews for Gardiner dining.

Shreveport, LA
Level Contributor
974 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner

We ate at the K-Bar last time we ate in Gardiner. We were there for the opening of Christmas season at Mammoth and spent one night in Gardiner before moving to Mammoth. We had the best pizza at K-Bar. Inexpensive and very tasty. Very informal, too.

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Reply to: Dinner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gardiner