We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clean, comfortable, almost luxury..but not quite..?

Which East Glacier Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
72 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Clean, comfortable, almost luxury..but not quite..?

Hi,

Thanks to all the Trip Advisors-out there who have helped us with so many trips-.

Our next big adventure will be to Glacier. We are in the early- very early-- stages of planning our family trip to GNP in July of....2015 (teachers need lots of planning time you know!!) We (2 moms, 3 kids- 9,12, 15 and a grandmother of about 70) will be staying in various places inside the park- we enjoy the rustic, peaceful, escape from the crazy life in DC. But after the stays in Glacier and Waterton- we would like a nicer place to stay close to the airport (Kalispell) for a day or 2.

We would definitely need comfortable beds, and a CLEAN place. A view would be great, and a place with an outdoor hot tub would be even better. I know i'm asking for a lot. We don't want a bed and breakfast feel though- so either a large hotel type place, or lodge, or maybe a rental home..but if it's a rental place I don't think we want it to feel like it's in a neighborhood. We still want to be able to explore either Glacier (a little bit of it) or another area that is equally as deserving. Basically we want a more luxurious place to spoil grandma after making her rough it for 8 days in the wilderness..

Thanks for any and all advice and or opinions. And yes, I will continue to read and re-read all TA old forums and trip reports.

Thanks!

Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clean, comfortable, almost luxury..but not quite..?

grouse Mountain Lodge is owned by the concessionaire that runs the lodges in the park and The Lodge on Whitefish Lake would be great places and both have outdoor hot tubs.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
72 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clean, comfortable, almost luxury..but not quite..?

Great thanks for the start!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clean, comfortable, almost luxury..but not quite..?

Hi Dear! i think you should check it out Glacier Outdoor Center near Glacier Park. They match your requirements also featuring outdoor gas grill & indoor gas fireplace as well as full bath.

Duluth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
76 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clean, comfortable, almost luxury..but not quite..?

One of if not the closest places to FCA would be Meadow Lake Resort. It has both condos and lodge rooms. Very nice. 10 minutes at the most from the airport as well as from downtown Whitefish. Outdoor pool and outdoor hot pool. Decent restaurant on site. Being July 2015 I would make reservations as early as possible.

5. Re: Clean, comfortable, almost luxury..but not quite..?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, November 04, 2015