We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night stay - maybe fishing activity

Which Bozeman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bedford
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
1 night stay - maybe fishing activity

3 of us are flying in early to Jackson Hole to pick up a 15 passenger and then picking up the other 9 in BZN airport the next day at 10:00am.

I was first thinking we would just get a cheap hotel near the airport..but then was thinking if there was some place that we can stay that would even include some fishing gear etc..that we could get up early and fish and then go and pick the other guys up.....

Any suggestions somewhere close to BZN airport (meaning it could be up to an hour away).

Looking for something not much more than 150.00 a night tho for 3 of us.

If no fishing, then even something in a pretty part where if we got up early we could see animals on the way to BZN airport.

(vs staying in town and just waiting till 10:00am to pick them up)

Edited: 2:05 pm, March 16, 2013
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 1 night stay - maybe fishing activity

From Jackson: about 3-3.5hr to Old Faithful (if you stop to see eruption plan on 2hr), about 1.5 hr to West Yellowstone, about 1.5 hour to Bozeman. You do want to be at West Yellowstone by 9pm or so. You don't want to be driving in the dark on park roads with the Bison and Elk. Hitting one would be bad for them and wouldn't do much for the start of your vacation.

You could stay the night in West Yellowstone and you'd have have plenty of time in the morning to go on to Bozeman. If you're a fly fisherman West Yellowstone has more fly shops than you can shake a amex, visa and mastercard at.

MT
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 1 night stay - maybe fishing activity

If you stay in Big Sky, you could check out Bucks T-4, which used to be Best Western, and is a nice hotel or take a look at the 320 Guest ranch, they may be able to help you with fishing.

bedford
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 1 night stay - maybe fishing activity

thanks guys...appreciate the suggestions.

From a cost perspective looking for something under 150.00 if possible for that one night...but I might see if they have any specials.

bedford
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 1 night stay - maybe fishing activity

actually got a great rate at Bucks T-4,

So we would head there from Jackson..and then leave early in the morning..hope to see some critters and a beautiful drive..up to BZN...

does that sound right.

and we probably wouldn't see this part of the area the rest of the trip (meaning from west yellowstone up through big sky and then up to bzn.

does that sound like a good plan.

Just need the grocery store between buck t4 and airport.

Stupid question as the reason I want to stay somewhere like Bucks in the morning is to enjoy the morning/see animals/see pretty scenary etc on our drive.

Is that what we will see on the way up to BZN (or am I making too much of this and we should just head all the way up to BZN).

MT
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 1 night stay - maybe fishing activity

Hmmmm, the canyon drive after you leave Bucks will be pretty. And when you get there the night before if you feel like driving up toward the ski resort, Lone Peak is very pretty as well. There will be a few campgrounds where you can pull off and see the river. Hard to say about seeing animals, maybe, maybe not. It's not like driving through Yellowstone where you'll have a better chance. But I have often seen bighorn sheep on that road, so who knows? From Buck's you're an hour from the airport, so you could go either way. But my feeling is the morning will be prettier at Bucks if you don't care about driving in the morning.

bedford
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 1 night stay - maybe fishing activity

thanks perfect!

17. Re: 1 night stay - maybe fishing activity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 22, 2014