We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bozeman hotel for 17 year old

Which Bozeman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bozeman hotel for 17 year old

We are staying in Big Sky in January and our 17 year old will be flying into Bozeman to join us a week later. As he arrives close to midnight, I would rather he stay at a hotel near the airport and we will drive to Bozeman the next morning to pick him up. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which hotel will take a 17 year old; we can book and prepay the hotel night , and he does have a credit card in his own name which is a supplementary card to mine.

1. Re: Bozeman hotel for 17 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:47 am, October 13, 2010
Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,734 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bozeman hotel for 17 year old

I would check motels in Belgrade, as that's actually closer to the airport - and also would be easier for you to get to when you pick up your son. There's a Super8 and a Holiday Inn Express that would be quite convenient - right on the main road when you're coming up from Big Sky. I would ask about their airport shuttles, though - most don't run after midnight, but some places will arrange for taxi service.

In Bozeman, you'll find all the major chain hotels - Supe8, Hilton, Hampton Inn etc. Also, there's a Best Western (the Grantree) just off the freeway - convenient and it has shuttle service, although I'm not sure of the hours.

Good Luck - and enjoy your trip!

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bozeman hotel for 17 year old

Also in Belgrade is a La Quinta that is very nice and has an indoor pool. The breakfast though is sparse. Given the late arrival proximity to dining options would not be an issue. The from Big Sky passes right in front of it so easy to find. A lot closer than to Bozeman and as noted closer to the airport.

A few weeks ago on way to Seattle we stayed in Bozeman and then on the way back in Belgrade. Big difference. In Bozeman we stayed at the Super 8 which was OK (and very cheap with coupon) but the La Quinta was much nicer on the way back. Only downside to the LQ was it is adjacent to a large truck stop. We didn't hear any noise but in Winter many trucks may have engines running all night.

As for policy about registering minors you may have some paperwork to do in advance. Most hotels now have lots of things to sign about being responsible for damage to room or cleaning charges for smoking in a non-smoking room. Contractual things a minor can't sign. You might need to drive up to Belgrade or Bozeman and do the check-in and have a key for him at the desk when he arrives.

4. Re: Bozeman hotel for 17 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 11, 2011