We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh No! Store hours on Monday Sept. 3?!

Which Billings hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Oh No! Store hours on Monday Sept. 3?!

We might have to re-arrange the first 2 days of our trip. I just realized that Monday, Sept. 3rd is also a holiday in the states. We were planning to do some shopping in Billings on that day (from about 5-9 p.m.), spend the night and then head over the Beartooth. Can someone tell me what the hours would be for Rimrock Mall, Costco, etc.? Would the stores close early on that day? Appreciate all replies.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,848 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oh No! Store hours on Monday Sept. 3?!

Most big chain stores will be open on Labor Day and so will grocery stores. It is a Federal Holiday and many people go on vacation, but many more people have to work.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oh No! Store hours on Monday Sept. 3?!

I do know that the stores are open, but what I need to know is: are they still open till 9 p.m. or do they close early? Here in Manitoba, our stores are usually open till 9 p.m. but close at 6 p.m. on that day.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oh No! Store hours on Monday Sept. 3?!

They should still be open their normal hours and will probably be having sales. Too bad you can't get there before 5!

Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
341 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oh No! Store hours on Monday Sept. 3?!

The Costco flier we just got said they will be closed on Labor Day.

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Oh No! Store hours on Monday Sept. 3?!

Rimrock Mall is normall open on Monday through Saturday from 10am to 9pm. Costco is open on Monday through Saturday from 10am to 8:30 pm. I don't ever remember it being closed on Labor Day but I'm getting old and forgetful LOL so I checked the sales flier I just got and it does say that Costco will be closed on September 3. That will really surprised me as I thought they were only closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. Hmmmm, now I wonder what other days they are closed.

I'll be out and about today and will be driving by Rimrock Mall so I'll stop in and ask them and get back to you.

Deb

Edited: 9:33 am, August 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oh No! Store hours on Monday Sept. 3?!

msdj

Thanks for that info. We really wanted to stop at Costco because we find that their lunch meat keeps very well. There's no Costco in ND and we can't bring the meat over the border. Darn!

Deb1741

That would be terrific - thank you so much!

ainwa

Yes, I wish we could get there earlier. Originally, we had planned to leave Manitoba and drive straight through to Billings, about a 15 hr. drive w/stops & border crossing (and there's really nothing that interests us inbetween). But we then decided to make it a little more leisurely and stop overnight inbetween, which means that the second day we wouldn't get to Billings till about 4 or 5 p.m. BUT we wanted to shop, so if the stores close early, we're back to driving straight through on day 1. Then we would overnight in Billings the 1st night. And on the 2nd day - get up and do our shopping and then head to Red Lodge & spend the night before heading over the Beartooth the 3rd day. I'll wait for Deb's reply and then we'll have to decide what we're going to do. We leave for our trip on Sunday, September 2nd, only a week & a half away. If we do have to re-arrange our accomodations the first 2 days, we need to do it ASAP!

Thanks all for all your help!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,848 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oh No! Store hours on Monday Sept. 3?!

On the mall's website they will be closing at 6pm www.rimrockmall.com/events/Details/118955…

On Costco's website they will be closed on Labor Day. …costco.com/en/In-The-Warehouse/Holiday-Hour…

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oh No! Store hours on Monday Sept. 3?!

CasaAzul

Thanks so much for your reply. Now how the heck did I miss that when I checked their site?!

So shopping won't work for us on that Monday and with Costco being closed, we are now going to change our itinerary for the first couple days. We're looking at leaving home 1 day earlier, on Saturday when I get home from work. We'll still spend the 1st night (now Saturday) in Jamestown and arrive in Billings early Sunday afternoon which would allow us some time to shop and stop at Costco as well. Instead of spending the night in Billings, we'll head to Red Lodge to spend the night, which will position us well for the Beartooth the next morning. The changes will put us 1 day earlier around Yell, so dang it, will have to add a night there; I'll just have to suck it up. Hee! Hee! I'm almost giddy with the thought that we'll now have 1 more night/day in YNP. Maybe this isn't working out so badly afterall. lol

Edited: 3:04 pm, August 19, 2012
Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Oh No! Store hours on Monday Sept. 3?!

LOL Casa ....you're good! I checked the mall's website but didn't see anything pop out at me in regard to Labor Day hours.

I will verify Casa's information with the answers I got when I asked about Labor Day hours at the customer counters. Rimrock Mall closes early on Monday (6pm) and yes, Costco will be closed the entire day (I guess I've never attempted to go out their on Labor Day as I never knew they closed that day!)

I like your plan of coming early....get your shopping done and an extra day in Yellowstone. Can't beat that! Have fun!

Deb

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oh No! Store hours on Monday Sept. 3?!

Deb1741

Thanks so much; as usual, you went above & beyond! Thank you.