We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Sky vs Moonlight Basin in April

Minot, North Dakota
1 post
Save Topic
Big Sky vs Moonlight Basin in April

Our kids have a spring break surrounding Easter and we're curious if mid-April skiing is worth the trip? Our kids are definitely beginner skiers and we plan to stick close to the base of the mountain. Do they ever extend the season past the projected dates or end the season earlier than planned?

Bel Air, Maryland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Sky vs Moonlight Basin in April

Your title suggests Big Sky Vs Moonlight Basin in April? They both close April 20.

I've never known either mountain to extend the season despite having some pretty significant snowfalls right after closing. I've also never known them to close earlier. I suspect the only reason Big Sky is giving such a late closing date this ski season is precisely because of Easter and spring break being very late on the calendar. Is it worth the trip? Sure.

2. Re: Big Sky vs Moonlight Basin in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 27, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Big Sky