We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prediction on Big Sky ski conditions first week April 2010

Which Big Sky hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
powdersville, sc
4 posts
Save Topic
Prediction on Big Sky ski conditions first week April 2010

I know this topic went inactive, but we would love to know your thoughts on snowfall thus far for winter 2009-2010 and the farmer's almanac snowfall predictions for this spring (2010)...we want to come to Big Sky the first week in April and are planning for a family of 6 to travel from SC, so we cannot afford to change at the last minute. Any thoughts or guidance you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MT
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prediction on Big Sky ski conditions first week April 2010

The snow is good right now, so will probbaly be nice in April. Only thing about April is things get slushy as the day goes on with warmer temps. Any chance you could do it in March, or are you looking for end of season sales?

powdersville, sc
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prediction on Big Sky ski conditions first week April 2010

Thanks for your reply...I appreciate your input and advice. We have four school aged kids so first week in April is our spring break---which dictates when we can come.

Thanks,

Tom

West Fargo N.D.
Level Contributor
212 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prediction on Big Sky ski conditions first week April 2010

We ski the first part of April alot even into mid april sometimes and the previous poster is correct, you can run into some slushy snow but it is usually late in the day and the trade off of snow conditions for the great weather is worth it in our opinion........go ahead and book you will have a blast, we have never had issues of not having enough snow

powdersville, sc
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prediction on Big Sky ski conditions first week April 2010

Wonderful...that is so encouraging to hear. We are excited about coming to Big Sky for the first time...and praying for late snowfall! Thanks!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prediction on Big Sky ski conditions first week April 2010

Bring a brimmed hat, sunglasses, and lots of sunscreen for your faces! Picnic-worthy backpacks are also a good idea. Spring skiing is like a holiday after a hard winter of skiing in the cold. You aren't there for the snow, really. You might want to pick up a snow tube or two in Bozeman or where ever you are flying in, just for fun.

powdersville, sc
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Prediction on Big Sky ski conditions first week April 2010

Keep the packing list coming...I will reserve my snow tubes at Bozeman's Wal-Mart this month...Thanks!

MT
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prediction on Big Sky ski conditions first week April 2010

Big Sky also has some kind of after-ski tubing, where you rent a tube if you didn't want to bring your own, I'm sure it talks about it on the website. Or it might be fun to try their new zip line too, it looks pretty cool. And if you're staying on the hill, def. watch for deals, or try to negociate. I've seen lots of various lodging deals lately, I think they are trying to fill up their hotels.

Big Sky, MT
Level Contributor
148 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prediction on Big Sky ski conditions first week April 2010

You're probably pretty safe. There's usually snow on the mountain well into May.

9. Re: Prediction on Big Sky ski conditions first week April 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 23, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Big Sky