We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Economical Big Sky Lodging, any recommendations?

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Economical Big Sky Lodging, any recommendations?

Any recommendations for economical lodging at Big Sky for a March ski trip? Thanks for your recommendations.

Fargo, ND
Level Contributor
189 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Economical Big Sky Lodging, any recommendations?

How many are going?

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Economical Big Sky Lodging, any recommendations?

just 2 of us.

Fargo, ND
Level Contributor
189 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Economical Big Sky Lodging, any recommendations?

This is all relative, but if you don't care if you stay on the mountain then a place like Bucks T4 or River Rock Lodge might be good options. You're getting a hotel room, we've stayed at Bucks and it served its purpose. They have a nice breakfast and an outdoor pool.

If you want to stay in the mountain village, the most economical place to stay is the Big Sky Lodge. Again it is a hotel, but you can walk about 1/4 mile to the lifts. Huntley is also an option but I think you'll find THe Lodge being much more affoardable.

For my money the Village Center Ski Suites is the way to go for a couple (I'm making an assumpiton here). Very nice rooms; kitchette (micro and mini fridge, siting room with flat screen and fireplace, big bathrooms (shower only), and a very comfy queen murphy bed. The rooms are "higher end" and the village center is on the mountain, literaly. You also get access to their ski lockers and the private outdoor hot tub and pool. My wife and I stayed there last year and I thought it blew away the equally priced Huntley.

They seem hard to find online at big sky's web page so you might want to call or look at Travelocity or Expedia, I found them there this year.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

4. Re: Economical Big Sky Lodging, any recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, October 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Big Sky