We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging for 5 single adults near lifts?

New Hartford...
Level Contributor
329 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging for 5 single adults near lifts?

Would love any advice/assistance in finding a place for 5 adults to stay at Big Sky - arriving 2/21, leaving 2/28. All singles. We can find places that "sleep 6", etc., but I've found that usually means a place with 3 queen beds (or 2 beds and a sleeper sofa). I did find that Huntley Lodge has a "loft room" that has 3 queen beds - sounds perfect - and others with two queens in each room. We may end up doing two rooms there. In the meantime, we're still looking. I should mention that our budgeted amount won't allow us to stay at any of the fabulous houses I've found on vrbo. We have approximately $3500 to spend for the 7 nights. I should mention that we won't have a car so walking distance to lifts (or convenient shuttle) is necessary. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Big Sky
Big Sky
Montana
Huntley Lodge
Huntley Lodge
326 Reviews
Big Sky, MT
Lone Mountain Ranch
Lone Mountain Ranch
#1 of 8 hotels in Big Sky
Buck's T-4 Lodge
Buck's T-4 Lodge
#2 of 8 hotels in Big Sky
The Lodge at Big Sky
The Lodge at Big Sky
#3 of 8 hotels in Big Sky
MT
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging for 5 single adults near lifts?

I think anywhere you stay will have a free shuttle to the ski hill, so I guess it's a matter of if you really want to stay on the hill. The Huntley will probably be your cheapest bet but is still pretty pricey for being a standard hotel in my opinion. They do however, have a great breakfast included with the room rate, and a nice outdoor hot tub.

Down the hill in Big Sky is Buck's T-4, which has a shuttle and free breakfast and ski & stay packages, you'd need 2 rooms I think for all your people. They also have a nice outdoor hot tub.

If you want even cheaper there is the Corral hotel in Big Sky. I've never stayed there, so don't know what rooms are like, but they also have a shuttle.

I also saw a website called Big Sky Condos that looks to have pretty reasonable rates. They are not on the ski hill.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Huntley Lodge
Huntley Lodge
326 Reviews
Big Sky, MT
Big Sky
Big Sky
Montana
The Corral
The Corral
211 Reviews
Gardiner, MT
West Fargo N.D.
Level Contributor
212 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging for 5 single adults near lifts?

Hey Rae........I would check out the Big Horn condos, everything is within walking distance and they should fit into your budget. The Huntley would also work and the breakfast is a great addition that you get with your room. My wife and I have spent a lot of time in Big Sky over the last 15 yrs, let me know if you have any other questions .....

Mentioned in this post
Huntley Lodge
Huntley Lodge
326 Reviews
Big Sky, MT
Big Sky
Big Sky
Montana
New Hartford...
Level Contributor
329 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging for 5 single adults near lifts?

Langmotorsports:

Our group is dwindling. This economy thing is beyond belief. I'm a die-hard skier, though, as is one other person. So here's a question for you:

Given a choice, would you stay at The Lodge at Big Sky or river Rock Lodge? (We don't mind taking a shuttle to the mountain. We won't have a car.) Thanks for any inpupt on this.

Mentioned in this post
The Lodge at Big Sky
The Lodge at Big Sky
596 Reviews
Big Sky, MT
River Rock Lodge
River Rock Lodge
128 Reviews
Big Sky, MT
West Fargo N.D.
Level Contributor
212 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging for 5 single adults near lifts?

Hi Rae.........Give me a little more info and I will tell you where to stay, how many is the group down to? ages? do you eat out or cook your meals? interested in nightlife or other activities outside skiing?

5. Re: Lodging for 5 single adults near lifts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, October 07, 2009