We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts in Missiouri??

Which Springfield hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
OKC
Level Contributor
395 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts in Missiouri??

We are looking to have a family reunion next year and wanting something that is equal distance for us all. We will be coming from Oklahoma City, Cleveland, OH & Chicago.

Are there any nice resorts in Springfield or surrounding cities that would be good for a large group?

Thanks!

12 replies to this topic
Purcell, Missouri
Level Contributor
67 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts in Missiouri??

I would recommend either DogWood Canyon or Big Cedar Lodge. Plenty of things to do outdoors related at both spots. Fishing, golf, wildlife, boating, Branson, etc.

http://www.dogwoodcanyon.com/Default.aspx

http://www.bigcedar.com/

Go Cats

OKC
Level Contributor
395 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts in Missiouri??

Thanks bobcat for that info. Yes we have stayed at BigCedar before and it is very nice, however, unfortunately I think it's a little to far south for our Ohio family. Took a look at the Dogwood Canyon, and it doesn't really look like something my family would like, not that it's not nice, but not really into the whole wilderness theme.

I do appreciate your time and info though. :-)

Springfield...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts in Missiouri??

Look into Bucks and Spurs Guest Ranch - www.bucksandspurs.com.

Branson, Missouri
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorts in Missiouri??

The Branson Landing has a Hyatt I think. They do conventions there. Starbucks is across the street. Half a block to all the shopping and restaurants. Silver Dollar City, family fun and shows in town too. Ride the Ducks. Mini Bass Pro. Water play and fishing.

If you want a spa massage and water view you would enjoy The Chateau in Branson.

It's a bit more north than Big Cedar but still 20 min south of Springfield. I think it's worth it though if you want a variety of choices for things to do.

Edited: 11:46 pm, August 19, 2011
Branson, Missouri
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Resorts in Missiouri??

The Branson Landing has a Hyatt I think. They do conventions there. Starbucks is across the street. Half a block to all the shopping and restaurants. Silver Dollar City, family fun and shows in town too. Ride the Ducks. Mini Bass Pro. Mini golf. Go carts. Titanic museum. Ripleys. butterfly Palace. IMAX. Dixie Stampede

If you want a spa massage and water view you would enjoy The Chateau in Branson.

It's a bit more north than Big Cedar but still 20 min south of Springfield. I think it's worth it though if you want a variety of choices for things to do.

Branson, Missouri
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Resorts in Missiouri??

The Branson Landing has a Hyatt I think. They do conventions there. Starbucks is across the street. Half a block to all the shopping and restaurants. Silver Dollar City, family fun and shoes in town too. Ride the Ducks. Mini Bass Pro.

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resorts in Missiouri??

Big Cedar and the Chateau are the premier properties in the area. Springfield has nothing to compare.

Big Cedar would be my choice for a family event because of the quality, ammenities, ambiance and variety of activities. It's only 30-40 minutes from Springfield and mostly all good divided highway along the way. An extra half hour or so is nothing compared to the benefits of the property. If you're going to consider the Branson area then Big Cedar is an easy choice.

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resorts in Missiouri??

Another excellent choice would be Lake of the Ozarks about 90 minutes north of Springfield. Tan-Tar-A and Lodge of the Four Seasons are excellent properties with rich traditions, beauty and plenty of activities to entertain all.

OKC
Level Contributor
395 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resorts in Missiouri??

Thanks everyone for the info. But unfortunately, Big cedar is to far south for our family in Cleveland, OH. It would be great for us who live in OKLA but too far for the others. I have been to Big Cedar and it is very nice.

Buffalo, Missouri
Level Contributor
91 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resorts in Missiouri??

One of the best kept secrets in Missouri is in Steelville; a place known only to a select few but that needs to be more well known ---Wildwood Springs Lodge:

http://www.wildwoodspringslodge.com/

There is lots to do in the Steelville area and if you call the Lodge and tell Bob what you're planning I imagine he'll work out a great reunion for you. We go there about twice a year, once in the summer and once in the fall for the concerts.

I think it will work out for the various families and you'll really love it.

Good Luck!

Reply to: Resorts in Missiouri??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted