We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crazy night out in St Louis

Which Saint Louis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago, IL
Level Contributor
168 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Crazy night out in St Louis

We are staying at the Hyatt inside Union Station and was looking for some nightclub ideas. I live in Chicago and am used to getting on top of bars dancing, dancing on poles and stuff....is there anything fun and crazy in St Louis....but not where all of the 21 year olds hang out?

What areas do I have to check out while I'm there?

Any great italian restaurants?

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

St Louis
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crazy night out in St Louis

Washington Ave is where most of the happening nighclubs are. It is downtown and the bars there have a 3 am license. It tends to be more upscale dress. Because the bars there have a 3 am license they have a tendency to get busy later as the county bars are closing.

The landing has plenty of bars but not as upscale and often draws a younger crowd. If you go to the landing I would recommend Morgan Street brewery.

Soulard is an area just south of downtown. Tends to draw an older crowd. Several blues bars. No nightclubs for dancing though.

You will probably get 50 responses on the italian restaurant question. Basically just go to the Hill. Ask at the Hyatt and they can tell you how to get there.

St. Louis,MO
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crazy night out in St Louis

Okay, quite honestly, I was not able to come up with a good nightclub reccomendation for you. I just turned the big 4-0 and well, I am content to hang out at 'The Scottish Arms' and listen to some Irish folk music. So I turned to some friends at work who are into the party scene big time. Here are their suggestions:

1) Kyo. This club is located on Washington Ave. This is the area with the hip nightclubs and restaurants.

Serves Asian/fusion food and turns quite loud later into the night.

2) Europe. Also on Washington. Trendy place. Frequented by many Bosnians in the area.

3) Atomic Cowboy. Located on Manchester. This is not near Washington. I don't know if you have a rental car, but I hear this is a happening place.

I don't know about any pole dancing, cages, etc. I am just an older sitck in the mud. Good luck. Check out saucecafe.com and rftstl.com for some more ideas and descriptions.

3. Re: Crazy night out in St Louis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, August 24, 2009