We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dinner with kids

Which Saint Louis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Collonges-la-Rouge...
2 posts
Save Topic
dinner with kids

We will be visiting St. Louis next week for the 1st time. I have 4 kids and would like some restaurant recommendations for dinner. I would like some places with good food and atmosphere (no national chain restaurants) but also kid friendly menus. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
472 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dinner with kids

You didn't mention the ages of your children, however there should be something on this list for toddles to teenagers:

Fitz’s American Grill and Bottling Works – Not only do they bottle the famous Fitz's Root Beer here, they also put together some fancy desserts in addition to some American favorites.

The Nest: A Stay And Play Creative Cafe - offers indoor play and healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as Sunday Brunch. Board games, three story tree house and childcare room are just a few of the features.

Crown Candy Kitchen – A St. Louis favorite for generations. Candy’s in the name, but it’s really about the ice cream.

Adriana’s – Only open for lunch, but what a great selection of sandwiches! There may be a line if you arrive during the lunch rush.

Amighetti’s – Another long-time sandwich purveyor on St. Louis ’s famous Hill neighborhood.

Carl’s Drive-In – Okay, there aren’t many seats, but your kids will love this burger-slining relic. Take your food over to Tilles Park if you can’t get a seat.

Cheese-ology – Mac and Cheese like you’ve never seen.

Jilly’s Cupcake Bar and Café – A Food Network winner.

Pi – Deep dish locally famous for a big thumbs up from President Obama. Several locations in town.

Dewey’s – Another pizza chain with a handful of local locations that know customer service and really don’t feel like a chain at all.

The Fountain on Locust – The concept is really a grown-up ice cream parlor, but they have a kids menu and they do a great job with the little ones.

Highway 61 Roadhouse – In Webster, just off -44. Serving up some okay BBQ, but more importantly, one of just a few places you can bring teens for live music.

(I got this list from a TripAdvisor article...)

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dinner with kids

I second Fountain on Locust and Pi. I'd skip the food at Fitz's, but the soda and root beer is good. I'd also add Blueberry Hill to the list, in the Delmar Loop, also the Boathouse in Forest Park.

Collonges-la-Rouge...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: dinner with kids

Thank you so much!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,788 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dinner with kids

One regional chain worth checking out is Steak N Shake. Sit down with service and very good burgers, fries and shakes, and a few other things. Amighetti's has sandwiches that are awesome and there are other places near there on The Hill. We had a nice lunch at Caleco's near the Old Courthouse downtown, also seems like a kid friendly place, they have a model train running around part of the place! My sister in law says Imo Pizza is the best, there are locations in many parts of St Louis.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
472 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dinner with kids

Steak N Shake - our local St. Louis Steak N Shakes have inspired a place in New York City called the Shake Shack. Shake Shack is wildly popular in NYC.

(Also inspiring Shake Shack is the local St. Louis Ted Drewes Frozen Custard stands.)

6. Re: dinner with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 15, 2015