We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch by the arch?

Wichita, Kansas
8 posts
Save Topic
Lunch by the arch?

Is there a nice place to have a lunch before touring the gateway arch? Thanks!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,072 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Lunch by the arch?

Not sure what the problem with Google maps is. I put in the addresses and got .5 miles from parking address to Caleco's and 1 mile to Docket. Times seem about right for me and I walk at a medium speed around our school track. Google Maps math is estimating just under 3 miles per hour. 1 mile in 22 minutes, 2 miles in 44 minutes and 3 miles in 66 minutes

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
978 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lunch by the arch?

If you are parking at the Arch garage first, you have a couple of options. You can head north about two blocks and eat at one of the restaurants in Laclede's Landing mentioned by Paradise Missouri, then walk back past the garage to the Arch. Or, park, then walk south through the Arch grounds, cross Memorial Drive, and eat at Angelos, one of the restaurants at the Hyatt across the street, or head a block and a half further to Caleco's. Neither of these involve more than a mile of walking to the restaurant, and back to the Arch.

You don't want to park at the Arch garage if you're going to eat at the Docket, as it would add a mile and a half of walking vs Angelo's (a little less vs Caleco's).

13. Re: Lunch by the arch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 31, 2015