We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outdoor pool

Which Saint Louis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Troy, Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Topic
outdoor pool

what hotels in or outside of st louis have nice outdoor pools

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
491 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: outdoor pool

Four Seasons, Cheshire Inn

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: outdoor pool

Use this link to find Drury Hotels in St Louis area - some of them have outdoor pools (click on "overview")

https://wwwc.druryhotels.com/MetroArea.aspx…

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
974 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: outdoor pool

The Chase Park Plaza in the central west end also has a nice pool area. I would think the a rooms at the Chase and Cheshire are about half the cost of the Four Seasons, unless you come upon a great deal. The Chase is at the northeast corner of Forest Park, in a great neighborhood, close to dining, outdoor cafes, and shops on Euclid. The Cheshire is in a less interesting neighborhood, but close to the southwest corner of the park, and the zoo.

East Troy, Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: outdoor pool

thanks for the info on outdoor pools. does anybody know about the st louis marriot west? online it seems to be a decent property with a nice outdoor pool . is the hotel in a good area? how far to attractions?

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: outdoor pool

I had to look it up, it's a bit west of the 270/64 interchange. I know nothing about the property personally. This is an upscale area-West County Center (pretty upscale mall) is not far, and there are tons of restaurants on Manchester adjacent to it. Not sure there's much in walking distance or without getting on the interstate, the hotel seems to be situated in an office park.

Edited: 9:08 am, June 27, 2013
St. Louis MO
Level Contributor
645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: outdoor pool

The hotel seems to mainly service nearby colleges, a hospital and some company HQs (Energizer, Savvis, Rawlings).

If you're worried about safety (as everyone coming to St. Louis seems to be) you're in about as good as you can get since everything residential around here is big expensive houses in gated neighborhoods and even larger estates.

There really aren't attractions/dining nearby. For food you'll need to head 5 or 10 minutes away to Clayton Rd or Olive St. But the hotel does give you good access to I-64 which means stuff like the zoo/Forest Park/Delmar Loop is 15-20 minutes away and downtown is 20-25 minutes away. But add 50% or even double those times during rush hour.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
974 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: outdoor pool

If it's the Marriott West I'm thinking of, it's north of I64 off Maryville Centre Drive. As Clvier 1 noted, it's almost in an office park. It is a nice facility with an outdoor pool. I was just there last week at a meeting. You would have to drive to restaurants, shopping. It's fairly close to Chesterfield Mall plus shops, restaurants on Old Wood's Mill Rd. Probably 25 minutes to downtown.

East Troy, Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: outdoor pool

Thanks for the info. I'am leaning towards The Chase Park Plaza,but the trip advisor reviews are a bit iffy. Is this hotel in good area? Also still open to other hotels with outdoor pools if anybody has other ideas.

St. Louis MO
Level Contributor
645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: outdoor pool

Much better location as you're in the heart of the Central West End. Tons of restaurants nearby in a very nice neighborhood. Plus Forest Park is right across the street.

I think the reviews are tough because of the high (or very high) prices that the Chase charges. The margin for error is a lot narrower at that luxury hotel price range.

You're just not going to get many outdoor pools in the St. Louis area as they're pretty much limited to a short 3 month window between Memorial and Labor Day. Its much more cost efficient for a hotel to put their pool indoors and get year-round usage.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
472 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: outdoor pool

I suggest the Drury Hotel on Hampton Avenue which has an outdoor pool connected to an indoor pool. You swim from one to the other. Kids really enjoy this hotel.