We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We Will Rock You @ The Fox

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,247 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
We Will Rock You @ The Fox

I have a couple of questions about the performance of "We Will Rock You" at the Fox Theater in March 2014. Our wedding anniversary falls during the dates of the run, and Queen is my wife's favorite group. We actually saw them live in Atlanta on their last US tour in 1982, and I thought it might be a cool idea to take her to St Louis to see WWRY on our actual anniversary date next year.

The Fox website shows that tickets are currently available "by subscription only" and that individual tickets will be sold at a later date. I assume this means that patrons with season tickets get first crack at seats, after which they open up whatever is left to other folks. However, StubHub is showing seats available (8 total) for the particular performance date that I am interested in. The only problem is there is a note that says the "sellers entered sections we cannot recognize" - couple this with the fact that the same 8 seats are available for several shows that week, and that makes me a little nervous.

I know that StubHub has an "on time and valid" guarantee, but there is no way (AFAIK) to check that before you actually show up at the door. I'm not crazy about flying to St Louis only to discover that the tickets are no good (not to imply that there aren't other worthwhile things to do there!).

Anyways, I am wondering if anyone has any pearls of wisdom on this issue - wait until individual tickets go on sale, or take a gamble on the StubHub seats? Any advice or info is appreciated.

-JimG

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We Will Rock You @ The Fox

Sorry, meant to reply earlier, but got interrupted. I think there will be enough shows available that you could wait until single tickets go on sale. They give first pick to series subscribers, but there will be plenty of good seats; it is a large venue. Just making a guess, but if there is a We Will Rock You US tour webpage, maybe send them an email about pre-sales, or special ticket availability.

I have bought Stub Hub tics to some Fox shows and several other concerts / plays at other venues, and never had a problem, but would wait until more tickets become available. I looked at the listing and it showed row AA, which could either be the first row of the mezzanine (great seats), or the 26th row of the orchestra seating (pretty mediocre seats). One thing I will say about the Fox is there isn't much pitch on the main floor, so if you get some tall folks in front, your view is obstructed. I prefer sitting in the first 10 rows in the orchestra, or in the mezzanine or first few rows of the lower balconey. If there are no musicians in the orchestra pit, that section is available too, with great close up seats.

If you haven't done it already, check out the Fox webpage and look at the detailed seating chart. It shows each seat in the theater and section numbers, so you will have that knowledge when booking your seats.

Here is the chart...

fabulousfox.com/pdfs/fox_seating_chart.pdf

Hopefully this isn't too late to be of use to you. Please post back if you have questions about getting around town, hotels, restaurants, or other entertainment.

PS - regarding Stub Hub's guarantee. A good friend bought tickets to the Austin Formula 1 race from Stub Hub, and they turned out to be not what was advertised. Stub Hub stepped up with tickets that were much more expensive than what my friend had paid.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,247 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We Will Rock You @ The Fox

Thanks taylorj - the WWRY website has a link for ticket info for these shows, but it takes you directly to the Fox Theater website. I have been meaning to call the Fox directly this week to inquire about single ticket sales, just have not had the chance.

I have not started looking at lodging, etc (and probably will not do so until plans to attend the show are firm). It would only be a weekend trip - fly in on a Friday night, fly out Sunday afternoon. Besides WWRY, the only other "must do" activities would be visiting the Arch (of course) and Chain of Rocks Bridge. I have been looking at the Grand Center area as an option, but there are not many hotels to choose from. If you can suggestion other places to consider then that would be great.

-JimG

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We Will Rock You @ The Fox

The closest hotels within walking distance of the Fox are the Hotel Ignacio and the Grand Center Inn (which is more of a B&B). Both get good reviews. If you want to go to the Chain of Rocks Bridge, you should see about getting a car, then you would have more options on lodging. The Drury Inn Arch, downtown right by the Arch, is often recommended.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,247 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We Will Rock You @ The Fox

Yes, those are the two lodging options I was looking at near Grand Center - a B&B would be fine since it would just be my wife and me. I was hoping to using the Metro system for most of our transportation needs. I wasn't sure if we would need a car for Chain of Rocks - looks like there's no easy way to get there via MetroBus, so we may have to rethink our plans.

-JimG

Edited: 10:52 pm, May 17, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,247 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We Will Rock You @ The Fox

Just thought I would update this thread. I signed up through the Fox website for presale notifications, and got a notice yesterday that presale tickets for WWRY would be on sale this morning. I just bought tickets and there were plenty of good seats available - we are in the third row of the Orchestra section, so pretty happy about that.

So it looks like I am headed to St Louis at the end of March. I'll start another thread in the forum to get help with lodging, other activities, etc. Looking forward to the trip!

-JimG

6. Re: We Will Rock You @ The Fox

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 31, 2014