We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lambert to Concord

New York
Level Contributor
903 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lambert to Concord

I have a car rental at Hertz in Concord and am flying into Lambert. What is the cheapest way to get to my car from the airport? What would it cost?

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lambert to Concord

FYI, most St. Louisans probably don't know where Concord is. You're best off referring to it by the street name - South Lindbergh.

The cheapest way is probably by bus. It will take an hour and a half with all the stops. Not sure about the cost, but it will be cheap. Here is the bus route and probably the shortest route as well:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&f=d&ttype=dep&saddr=airport+near+63102&time=07:25am&date=05/10/2013&daddr=south lindbergh Concord&dirflg=r

A cab would probably be $40-$45.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lambert to Concord

Here is the linke to the bus line website:

http://www.metrostlouis.org/Default.aspx

Unfortunately, the Metrolink doesn't serve the south St. Louis area yet.

St. Louis MO
Level Contributor
919 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lambert to Concord

Just asking Cruscrnshw: but is there a particular reason you're renting from a Hertz a good 30 minutes from the airport?

New York
Level Contributor
903 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lambert to Concord

Thanks for the responses. The reason is it was about half the cost.

It is about 20 miles.

Thanks for the link. It says about an hour and a half. Yikes. I am going to research shuttles. I dont mind paying 20 or so each way assuming it is just a 25 minute ride (as per google maps).

New York
Level Contributor
903 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lambert to Concord

On a side note. I read that my rental car location (Hertz on Lindbergh) will pick me up from a specified location as long as it is within 15 minutes of their location. Airport is too far, so I am thinking about taking the bus to a specific location (no idea where yet) and get picked up from there. Any ideas where I can get picked up? Does this seem feasible. I realize the minor hassle here, but to save 250 bucks it is worth it (rental car savings). Saving that money for the road trip!

Edited: 11:06 am, May 27, 2013
St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lambert to Concord

Take the Metrolink (light rail - $2.25- $4; I'm not too sure as I think the airport fares are higher, then you need a transfer, but $4 max) to the Forest Park Debaliviere Station. Switch to the train going to Shrewsbury / Landsdowne (westbound). Shrewsbury is the last stop. This should be about 6.5 miles from the Hertz location, and mapquest says 15-16 minutes driving. It's definitely worth calling them, if they say they'll pick up within a 15 minute drive. There is also a bus (46, I think) that will pick up from the Shrewsbury Station, and runs right past the Hertz place (corner of S Lindbergh & Tesson Ferry).

To get an idea of the taxi cost from the airport, call Laclede Cab - (314) 652-3456.

New York
Level Contributor
903 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lambert to Concord

thanks for that info! will call them tomorrow! how much time would you say it would take me to get to the spot where they might pick me up?

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lambert to Concord

The two train trips will run 20 minutes each, so total 40 minutes, not counting initial wait at he airport and time between trains at the Forest Park Station. Trains leave the airport every 20 minutes. Figure about 10-15 minutes wait switching trains.

New York
Level Contributor
903 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lambert to Concord

Thanks again. So basically from getting on train to the location is about 40 minutes plus the wait...so 55ish. Awesome

Edited: 10:26 am, May 28, 2013
St. Louis MO
Level Contributor
919 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lambert to Concord

I would guess a bit over an hour to go Lambert >>> Forest Park Station via red line >>> switch trains >>> Shrewsbury Station via blue line. Then about 15 minute drive from Shrewsbury to the Hertz in South County.

Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis