We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - March 2013

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,913 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - March 2013

This trip report was left on another forum by a guy from Detroit, but I thought it was worth sharing here...

What a great city. The Family & I could not have had a better time then we did. We had some great BBQ, both Pappys & Bogarts! I would have to say we had a better all together meal @ Pappys, but both were very good. The Arch & the surrounding area was a half days worth of fun for very little money with a ton of memories to last a lifetime. The "City Museum" was more fun than Disneyland & my kids have not stopped talking about since we left. I'm going to have to do some more research on Robert Cassilly, God bless him & his work, what a great "Museum"!!! Then there's the Zoo! Where to start? How about, ummm Its Free? The penguin exhibit got me close enough to touch them if I wanted too! The bug exhibit & butterfly house was a hit. The free Budweiser brewing tour with complimentry beer @ 10 in the morning was AWESOME!!! The people of this city, whether it be Midtown, Downtown, CWE, The Hill, or Clayton, you are some of the nicest people I've met in all my years of travel. You guys also need to take a bow for the Slinger! It was a little piece of home with a Lafeyette/American Coney Island feel! The couches & booze at the Moolah Theater...that needs to be in every city across the US! I chickened out when it came to trying the Provel, lol. If I didn't try a place it's because it was closed or I just plain ran out of time. -Pauly G

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - March 2013

Thanks for sharing. Definitely nice to hear when someone had a great time in stl.

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - March 2013

StL is still underrated in tourist circles. April and May are great times to visit, before the heat and humidity flare up. The zoo and City Museum are both gems, as is the Botanical Garden. Support some of the downtown merchants on Washington and Locust especially (Left Bank Books, etc.)

3. Re: Trip Report - March 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis