We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're just in for the day!!

Indianapolis...
1 post
Save Topic
We're just in for the day!!

My son (15) and I are going to be there for one day (TOMORROW The 11) for a concert at the Peabody ay 7pm.

I had planned to go to the City Muesum for the afternoon based on other peoples recomendations...my mistake was not looking at the schedule its CLOSED tomorrow!

What do I do with a 15 year old boy in or near STL that he would really enjoy ??

Any help would be great!!

We should arrive in STL by 1pm & will have a few hours to occupy

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We're just in for the day!!

If you've never been to StL the Arch (do not miss the adjacent museum) is the ubiquitous choice. The Old Courthouse and Cathedral are worth a stop too. If not too cold Citygarden downtown is worth a visit. If you're from Indy you have plenty of shopping, but take a look at stores downtown (Locust/Washington Ave areas) or head west a bit on 64 for the Galleria (Nordstrom, Crate and Barrel, the works). Hope this helps! The Peabody has been beautifully restored, enjoy!

Edited: 10:11 pm, December 10, 2012
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We're just in for the day!!

Might consider going to Forest Park to go ice skating at the outdoor ice skating rink (Steinberg Rink). Depending on your interests, there is also the Art Museum, History Museum, Science Center, and Zoo in Forest Park.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We're just in for the day!!

The Arch, ice skating and the Science Center seem like pretty good alternatives. The zoo if it's not too cold - several exhibits are indoors. The Art Museum and History Museum are both good and free. The Anheuser-Busch tour is pretty good, probably half outside.

4. Re: We're just in for the day!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 18, 2013