We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Scott Trade Center

Which Saint Louis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Scott Trade Center

We will be staying near the Scott Trade center for 4 nights. Any recommendations on places to eat. We know about the ones at Union Station but is there anything local near by?

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
977 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Scott Trade Center

Depends on how close and what you like to eat.

In walking distance I would recommend Lombardo's. It is just on the other side of Union Station in the Drury Hotal. It is a traditional St. Louis Italian (by which I mean Sicilian) restaurant. We happened to eat there this past Saturday for the first time. It was packed and we had good food and service. They're known for their toasted ravioli which are bigger and round compared to the normal St. louis variety. Steaks, seafood, veal, pasta.

The St. louis Tap Room is a couple of blocks north with good pub food and great beer. The oldest microbrewery in STL.

That's about it for the close restaurants I would recommend. I can't recommend any of the restaurants in Union Station. Landry's is probably the best of a poor bunch.

There are many others in a 2-3 mile radius. Downtown, Washington Ave, Lafayette Square, Grand / Locust St area. If you have a car or are open to a cab ride, you will have many more options. If you don't have a car, you are close to two metro stops that would get you downtown, the central west end, or even the UCity loop area.

Let us know your preferences, and I'm sure others will chime in with their favorites.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Scott Trade Center

Agree with Taylorj. Also, about 7 blocks north of Scott Trade Center is Washington Avenue, which has lots of good restaurants. Our favorites are Mango, Copia, Blondies, Blood and Sand and Bridge Tap House (with the last two being a couple blocks away from Wash Ave. The blocks between aren't the greatest for late night walking, so I suggest a cab.

Lafayette Square is also a cheap cab ride. It's even closer, to the south. We like 1111 Mississippi, Ricardo's, Square One, Bailey's Chocolate Bar and Sqwires. 33 Wine Bar is also great for after dinner.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Scott Trade Center

thanks for the great ideas.

St Louis Mo
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Scott Trade Center

I will have 2 young children with me, going to Peter Pan at the Peabody Opera House. What is close enough and good to take in 2 little girls?

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Scott Trade Center

I assume you mean walking distance from the Peabody. Joe Bucks would be fine, or Landry's in Union Station.

St. Louis MO
Level Contributor
661 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Scott Trade Center

Union Station is an almost dead mall. As much as I love my city and do my best to boost it: don't waste your time with going there.

-Bailey's Range seems to be an interesting mix of out-of-towners, urban hipsters and families. Not walking distance but a very short drive.

-Joe Buck's isn't far from the Peabody/Scottrade area.

-Sybergs always seems to be a big draw for families going to Peabody/Scottrade

7. Re: Restaurants near Scott Trade Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 04, 2014