We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

U.S.'s Most Dangerous City?

Which Saint Louis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
U.S.'s Most Dangerous City?

I'm visiting St. Louis in October for a Halloween/Fall Haunted House tour and honestly, I need to know what places are dangerous and which areas my party and I should avoid. I'm confused as to which area it is (east side vs west side) and all that so I need to know where I should book my hotels. Thanks so much.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
28 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: U.S.'s Most Dangerous City?

I live downtown and nothing seriously bad has happened. My car was broken into, but that's because I left an empty purse in there. Make sure there are no electronics or luggage in your car. North city can be bad, and "the east side" (Illinois side) can be bad, but the only reason people go there is for Strip clubs usually. Just remember, you are in a city, and just be aware of your surroundings, and you'll survive. :)

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: U.S.'s Most Dangerous City?

I think metro train is a safe bet and that is what I would use. (I ride the train daily) Bus service in St. Louis is fairly good, alot of people use it. I would NOT use metrobus late at night 'tho. If you want to pub hop, try the Central West End or the Loop in University City. Laclede Cab is reliable, as is county cab. Use your cellphone and they will pick you up. Hailing a cab isn't done much here, even downtown unless you are at a hotel or right where there is a taxi stand. I've lived in DC and worked a bit in NY, this is a different type of transportation. As far as 'dive' bars go, there are a few in South St. Louis that aren't bad but late night bus service there will not be good. Use the cabs. And we do have some great beer. Enjoy yourself!

London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: U.S.'s Most Dangerous City?

Im form uk and been 4 times, a lovely lovely city with the most beautiful people i have ever met, Of course there are bad areas but you wont be anywhere near them, enjoy the vibrant city , music the arch, i bleed blue now as beeen to ice hockey, enjoy enjoy enjoy, been all over america but st louis is my fav by a country mile, proper america

14. Re: U.S.'s Most Dangerous City?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis